[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Tournaments...........

wildcat2334

Well, looks like Stanford's 10 wins in the Pac 10 were enough. I gotta admit, with the upsets that came down, I thought they would be on the outside looking in. Some very tough choices, wow, how in the world did Syracuse and Air Force not get in???/

6 at-large bids for non-power conference schools. Shameful.

Edited by godtomsatan

6 at-large bids for non-power conference schools. Shameful.

Yer a UW guy - stick with your Pac 10 brothas. Shameful.

The biggest snubs were Syracuse, Air Force and maybe KState. Not really mid-majors. Drexel finished 4th in their own league - that is what did them in.

Tough job - always teams deserving that don't get in.

Yer a UW guy - stick with your Pac 10 brothas. Shameful.

The biggest snubs were Syracuse, Air Force and maybe KState. Not really mid-majors. Drexel finished 4th in their own league - that is what did them in.

Tough job - always teams deserving that don't get in.

I was talking about the snubs. Drexel should have been in. Air Force should have been in. I don't give a crap about Syracuse, but they did have a winning record in the Big East, while there are ACC and SEC teams with losing records who made the cut.

Stanford deserved a spot.

Wow- UW snubbed by the NIT? that makes zero sense. As much as I am a diehard pac 10 homer, Stanford is questionable. You could make a solid case for both Air Force and Syr over Stan.

Ark was a questionable pick

I heard some dude on the CBS coverage say there were 104 teams with 20 wins this season in D1.

The Huskies only had 19, and probably couldn't get guaranteed a home game.

Wow- UW snubbed by the NIT? that makes zero sense. As much as I am a diehard pac 10 homer, Stanford is questionable. You could make a solid case for both Air Force and Syr over Stan.

Ark was a questionable pick

Arkansas had 21 wins with a SOS in the teens and a RPI in the thirties. That seems like a pretty good argument to me.

Arkansas had 21 wins with a SOS in the teens and a RPI in the thirties. That seems like a pretty good argument to me.

well, they got in for 1 reason.......Making the SEC championship was the only way they were getting in.

7-9 in the SEC was not going to get em in .

Correction-all the ACC schools that got in the dance were 500 in conference play(before the tourney) and all had winning records. All the ACC schools had winning overall records except for Wake and Miami. So, if you refer to Duke and GT losing in the ACC tournament then yeah...........7 bids outta the ACC-the Head and Shoulders above #1 conference in the land was just and fair.

Correction-all the ACC schools that got in the dance were 500 in conference play(before the tourney) and all had winning records. All the ACC schools had winning overall records except for Wake and Miami. So, if you refer to Duke and GT losing in the ACC tournament then yeah...........7 bids outta the ACC-the Head and Shoulders above #1 conference in the land was just and fair.

only negative I see with the ACC is once you get past UNC, they don't really have any real threats to make a deep run.

Quality conference no doubt- but more heavy in the middle with solid than top tier clubs.

only negative I see with the ACC is once you get past UNC, they don't really have any real threats to make a deep run.

Quality conference no doubt- but more heavy in the middle with solid than top tier clubs.

That remains to be seen-as that's why they play the games :D

Edited by PantherDave

Well, looks like Stanford's 10 wins in the Pac 10 were enough. I gotta admit, with the upsets that came down, I thought they would be on the outside looking in. Some very tough choices, wow, how in the world did Syracuse and Air Force not get in???/

Son of a &*%&$#* I can't believe it. Last team shown during the selection show. I nearly fell off the barstool. I knew they would be a 10-12 seed so once it got down to the last pick I thought for sure Syracuse was on that 11 line. Can't believe they are out.

Anyway, you made the right call and I owe you a hat. Check out www.lids.com and pick one out. There is one of these stores in our local mall. PM your address and I'll have it on its way.

PS - Stanford might have a shot to upset Louisville as they have struggled against "big" teams all year. Kind of sucks that the game is in Lexington, though. That's practically a home game for Louisville.

Son of a &*%&$#* I can't believe it. Last team shown during the selection show. I nearly fell off the barstool. I knew they would be a 10-12 seed so once it got down to the last pick I thought for sure Syracuse was on that 11 line. Can't believe they are out.

Anyway, you made the right call and I owe you a hat. Check out www.lids.com and pick one out. There is one of these stores in our local mall. PM your address and I'll have it on its way.

PS - Stanford might have a shot to upset Louisville as they have struggled against "big" teams all year. Kind of sucks that the game is in Lexington, though. That's practically a home game for Louisville.

Yeah - as sure as I was 3 weeks ago is as surprised as I was when I heard they got in. Committee obviuosly rewarded them for 10 Pac 10 wins, and they had a solid record v top 50 - I too thought Syr was in - but after further review I think the biggest snubs were Air Force, Drexel and then Syr and Miss. St.

I just think the committee could not put in Syr and leave out Drexel- so they left em both out. :D

Syr didn't have a very good record v top 50.

I will check out Lids- and PM yeah the info