[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Tournaments...........

wildcat2334

Well, I am home working today, wathing some ball at the same time. Seeing some teams that I don't normally get to see a ton- like Nova..........

How are they not much much better- Reynolds is flat out fantastic, Sumpter is a stud, what exactly is wrong with this squad?? They seem like they should be a better club

Well, I am home working today, watching some ball at the same time. Seeing some teams that I don't normally get to see a ton- like Nova..........

How are they not much much better- Reynolds is flat out fantastic, Sumpter is a stud, what exactly is wrong with this squad?? They seem like they should be a better club

Better is a relative term. You're mistaking their record for their talent level. What you're really asking is why their record isn't higher? They play an unbalanced schedule in the Big East and of the bottom four teams (Seton Hall, Cincy, Rutgers, and USF), they only played each of them once and didn't play USF at all. So instead of 6-8 easy wins against the bottom 4, they only got 3. They still finished 9-7 in conference and 22-9 overall. Disregard their ranking in conference. This team is very good. Their defense lacks at times and they don't have a big inside presence (which will probably kill them against Georgetown in the next round - look for a tightly packed 2-3 zone). They also have cold shooting stretches on occasion. Great from the FT line, though, as I'm sure you saw. Hope that helps. I've seen them a lot being out here in Big East country.

I hear ya - they just seem like underacheivers to me. Reynolds is outstanding, and they are solid, in a down Big East IMO. GT, Pitt are not that strong, and the rest of the league is mediocre. I understand the unbalanced sched- just seems like a real talented squad, and will be a tough draw for someone

A few weeks ago, I couldn't decide if the Big East was roundly mediocre, and was lookign at getting killed in the NCAA or was just a bunch of very good, very even teams. After watching a ton of ball recently, I think they end up doing well in the tourney - figure they get 8 in, I think they get 3 in sweet 16...

big ten and SEC i think get pummelled this year

Right now, picking Texas, Tex A&M, Florida and UCLA as final four (had those four picked in mid-Jan and haven't change my mind (although very likely won't be possible)

A few weeks ago, I couldn't decide if the Big East was roundly mediocre, and was lookign at getting killed in the NCAA or was just a bunch of very good, very even teams. After watching a ton of ball recently, I think they end up doing well in the tourney - figure they get 8 in, I think they get 3 in sweet 16...

big ten and SEC i think get pummelled this year

Right now, picking Texas, Tex A&M, Florida and UCLA as final four (had those four picked in mid-Jan and haven't change my mind (although very likely won't be possible)

I much prefer the Big 10 & SEC over the Big 12 and Pac 10.

I much prefer the Big 10 & SEC over the Big 12 and Pac 10.

well, let's get one thing str8 - the SEC is overrated completely. period.

The 2 top conferences from top to bottome are the ACC and Pac 10

followed by the Big 10, Big East and SEC

Much like football - don't even mention the Big 12, they are top heavy with KU & A&M.

Edited by wildcat2334

Just got finished watching it. Oregon shot lights out, played well, really well. They are tough to beat when hitting their 3's - super athletic, and quick team. They did whatever they wanted on offense

Oregon is the 4 seed.

UA doesn't have it this year- just jekyll and hyde

It looks like the bets on as USC should hold on & beat Stanford. We'll see if they're in or not.

yes, the pieces have fallen just like you wanted........ only 1 problem though..............................

:D STANFORD WAS ALREADY IN

BC hats ugly or what? may have to go with a Sox hat instead.....

Excellent!! I love that my ACC brethren are following our action 'cat. Thanks for the support Timmy. I'll tell you what....if Stanford gets in now I might just lose faith in the entire selection process. 18-12 overall record with only 1 quality non-conference win (VA). Two bad non conference losses (AF & Santa Clara). And losing 6 of their last 9 to finish the season?? Ouch

Say what you want about 10 conference wins...we've heard it before. 4 of those wins came against teams that couldn't beat Lebron's high school team. And just so we are totally clear, I don't hate Stanford. I honestly thought that they would take care of their business, beat AZ at home in the last regular season game, and maybe win one in the conf. tourney. They could have gone in as an 8 seed with a shot to win one in the Big Dance.

Unfortunately the white afro twins are going home (literally as they will more than likely get a home game in the NIT)

Rock on!! I take a 7 1/4.

Excellent!! I love that my ACC brethren are following our action 'cat. Thanks for the support Timmy. I'll tell you what....if Stanford gets in now I might just lose faith in the entire selection process. 18-12 overall record with only 1 quality non-conference win (VA). Two bad non conference losses (AF & Santa Clara). And losing 6 of their last 9 to finish the season?? Ouch

Say what you want about 10 conference wins...we've heard it before. 4 of those wins came against teams that couldn't beat Lebron's high school team. And just so we are totally clear, I don't hate Stanford. I honestly thought that they would take care of their business, beat AZ at home in the last regular season game, and maybe win one in the conf. tourney. They could have gone in as an 8 seed with a shot to win one in the Big Dance.

Unfortunately the white afro twins are going home (literally as they will more than likely get a home game in the NIT)

Rock on!! I take a 7 1/4.

I am either a 7 1/4 or 3/8 -

A few points- 1) Pac 10 doesn't play the whacked out unbalanaced sched the other conferences play. So

10W in the Pac 10 - which is right behind the ACC in strength IMO goes a long way.

2) 5-6 against the top 50, which is solid.

3) The ONLY team to go into UVA and win- enough said- the ACC was 0 for 2006/2007

4) If you watched the USC/Stan game you would agree- that was a game between two talented, tough- NCAA tourney-bound teams that had the intensity of an NCAA game.

Now, I can admit they have stumbled some down the stretch - but they are in.....

I am either a 7 1/4 or 3/8 -

A few points- 1) Pac 10 doesn't play the whacked out unbalanaced sched the other conferences play. So

10W in the Pac 10 - which is right behind the ACC in strength IMO goes a long way.

2) 5-6 against the top 50, which is solid.

3) The ONLY team to go into UVA and win- enough said- the ACC was 0 for 2006/2007

4) If you watched the USC/Stan game you would agree- that was a game between two talented, tough- NCAA tourney-bound teams that had the intensity of an NCAA game.

Now, I can admit they have stumbled some down the stretch - but they are in.....

All valid points but you have to be at least a little nervous, no?

I only saw the first half of the USC/Stanford game and it definitely was a good battle between two tourney teams. Unfortunately for Stanford, that WAS their tourney game. Stanford blew a big lead and their NCAA bid along with it. We'll find out in 2 days!

All valid points but you have to be at least a little nervous, no?

I only saw the first half of the USC/Stanford game and it definitely was a good battle between two tourney teams. Unfortunately for Stanford, that WAS their tourney game. Stanford blew a big lead and their NCAA bid along with it. We'll find out in 2 days!

ok - I am officially nervous- Joey brackets has Stanford in the last 4 OUT! gawd dam that is brutal.

Pac 10 is way too strong of a conference this year to only get 5 - that is bullchit. Any other league besides maybe the ACC- Stan & Wash are dancing and we are talking 7 at least. Well, Stan had their chances to close out USC and didn't - you gotta close strong.

Sat update...your boy has now dropped them from last four out to next four out.

Yah, well that Saturday update seems a little odd. He has Maryland climbing to a #4 seed after losing to the #12 seed on Thursday. I'm not saying they should be moved down, but how does one improve one's seed by getting bounced in the first round of your conferenec tourney by the last place team?

Yah, well that Saturday update seems a little odd. He has Maryland climbing to a #4 seed after losing to the #12 seed on Thursday. I'm not saying they should be moved down, but how does one improve one's seed by getting bounced in the first round of your conferenec tourney by the last place team?

Because Miami didn't fold vs BC, so Maryland got the "quality loss- coeiffecent.

Because Miami didn't fold vs BC, so Maryland got the "quality loss- coeiffecent.

Well, I don't know who fell out of a #4 seed but they better have been pummeled by a really bad team to lose a spot to a team that lost a first round game to the "worst" team in their conference tourney.

Like I said, I'm not neccesarily advocating that they be dropped to a worse seed (but would hardly argue that they shouldn't). Just seems sort of odd. How does losing in the first round to a worse seed improve your stock?