[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Netzero DSL

jaxfactor

Anyone have this? I'm a cheap bastage and still have the Netzero dialup . They now have DSL. They advertise that you can get the cheaper version(50x dialup speed) for $17.95 and the premium version(100x dialup) for $29.95. I'm way overdue to go DSL and the thought that I can keep my current e-mail address is appealing to me. I also know how to navigate the e-mail menu very well and believe me, for a computer illiterate this is hugh. Just wondering if anyone has this or knows somebody that has it. It's new so I may be one of the first should I choose to go that route. I'm worried that the software might overload my archaic PC being that it doesn't have much RAM and the hard drive is so small that it's comical. I'm looking into a new computer but want to wait for Vista to work out the kinks before I purchase one. Would like to have a new PC by the time FF season starts up again this year. I'm getting so sick of the slowass dialup and think it's about time I make my move to DSL.

I was under the impression that DSL had to come from the phone company. So... the 17.95 might be the "ISP" cost... but you'd still need to pay your phone company $20 for the DSL line.

I'd look into that. $18 sounds like a great price... too great.

I was under the impression that DSL had to come from the phone company. So... the 17.95 might be the "ISP" cost... but you'd still need to pay your phone company $20 for the DSL line.

Basic DSL is offered by at&t in my area for $14.95 per month (768 kbps). $19.95 for 1.5 mbps and $24.95 for 3.0 mbps.

DSL be cheap.

I will look into it, but it will have to wait till Friday. I'll also look into at&t being that I have Cingular/At&T whatever the hell they call themselves now. Thanks guys!

I will look into it, but it will have to wait till Friday. I'll also look into at&t being that I have Cingular/At&T whatever the hell they call themselves now. Thanks guys!

Just adding to what went before - with cable / DSL you don't need Earthlink, NetZero, AOL, whoever. The link is always on, all you need is a browser.