[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on this set of trades?

Two trades that I was just involved in. Dynasty league, 14 teamer, full IDP. Incremental ppr for RB/WR/TE (TEs get more for rec than WRs, who get more than RBs). Can start 1/4 or 2/3 RB/WR

My initial O starting skill positions w/ backups (leaving chaff unlisted):

QB Kitna, Garcia, Walter, Orlovsky

RB L Johnson, Jacobs, M Bell, Calhoun

WR Driver, Evans, Curtis, Kennison, R Smith

Team is also very weak at LB due to Thurman idiocy, Hartwell injuries, and some rooks not panning out.

Acquired draft picks trading away aging vets like Barber, Plummer, & Holt, so my draft position was 1.05, 1.09, 1.13, 2.05, plus 2 picks in every round - 5th & 9th slot - in rounds 3 through 8.

First trade:

Rookie 1.05 for Travis Henry

Second trade:

Larry Johnson/Priest Holmes for Carson Palmer, WR Roy Williams, LB J Peterson, & 2008 rookie 1st rounder.

So now my starters look like this:

QB Palmer, Kitna, Garcia, Walter

RB T Henry, Jacobs, M Bell

WR R Williams, Driver, Evans, Curtis

+ J Peterson added to LBs

plus I still have 2007 picks 1.09, 1.13, 2.05 & 5th and 9th slots in rounds 3-8, plus his & my 2008 1st rounders.

The trades are already made, so I'm not looking for advice. But any & all thoughts are welcome.

I like the first trade alot.

The second trade I'm not so sold on. Your starters go from

Kitna

LJ/Jacobs/Driver/Evans/Curtis

to

Palmer

Henry/Jacobs/Roy/Driver/Evans

I see that as too big of a hit at RB even for a serviceable LB and good QB upgrade. However, you are stacked with picks so hopefuly you can draft well and bolster your RB ranks.

I like the first one a lot. The 2nd one is probably going to end up being a wash for you when it comes to points.

Actually, I'm figuring on gaining about 5.5 ppw on the deal. A bunch more if Johnson drops back on his production like I expect him to.