[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

This is a 12 team Dynasty w/IDP. Standard scoring. My QB's are awful. I was the highest scoring team last year until the playoffs. I was hurt by my QB and RB because I had no depth. Now with the NFL RFA it has given me RB depth. I am speaking to someone now about a QB.

My team:

QB: Plummer (1); Frye (2); Simms (RFA); Brunell (RFA); Wright (RFA); Garrard (RFA); Derek Anderson (RFA); Feeley (open); Gradkowski (DTS) and T Jackson (DTS).

RB: R Brown (4); FWP (3); Benson (2); A Peterson (RFA); Lendale White (DTS) and M Bell (DTS)

I have the 1.7 draft pick

His Team:

QB; Bulger (2); Campbell (3); Romo (1); and Garcia (open)

RB: Addai (3); McGahee (4) and Lundy (1)

He has the 1.2 pick

These are RFA QB's that start: Pennington; Favre; Grossman; Kitna; and Huard (?)

Should I trade with the owner above, go after a RFA in a trade (not likely though), or overbid somewhat for a RFA QB and try to get one or sit tight, its still early. One thing is clear though, I need help at QB but I HATE trading a RB. :D

Thanks guys

Tough one, I'll definitely agree with you that you are in trouble at QB; as it stands Frye or Tavaris Jackson is your starter.

Your RB situation has improved a fair bit thanks to NFL moves lately with Benson and LenDale White in line to start. Not sure what the deal is in Miami but you gotta believe that Brown will get at least 55% of the carries until Ricky gets suspended again.

I'd try to dangle M Bell and a pick for Romo or Bulger; odds are that he won't go for it and try to lever more out of you but it will give you a solid starting ground as to what other owners will ask of you for a starter. The difficulty here is that other owners know that you are hurting at QB and will do their best to gouge.

If the asking price is much more than Bell and a pick, I'd go the RFA route for sure, maybe try to get Huard now at a lower price before something concrete happens with Trent Green, but that is a gamble. Maybe the price on Pennington isn't extravagant?

Either way, you're in a tough spot but that's how I'd go after it. How long until RFA season opens? If you have awhile to wait, try fishing for a trade now and use the time in between to try and build some competition between teams looking to unload a QB for a little RB depth.

Hope my ramblings helped a bit. Best of luck.

I'm thinking M Bell (DTS) and Simms (RFA) for either Romo (2) or Campbell (3). Hows that sound?

I would try to nab Romo first with that deal given that Dallas' passing game is much better than Washington's but yes, that would be how I would approach it. Don't give up any RB except Bell or Peterson.

I would try to nab Romo first with that deal given that Dallas' passing game is much better than Washington's but yes, that would be how I would approach it. Don't give up any RB except Bell or Peterson.

Appreciate the advice. I will also look to see who has Henry, he may be interested in Bell for a QB. Why is it I can alomost always offer advice to others but when I have to make a decesion I :D

Appreciate the advice. I will also look to see who has Henry, he may be interested in Bell for a QB. Why is it I can alomost always offer advice to others but when I have to make a decesion I :D

Exact same as WDIS with me, you already know the answer. Just gotta hear it from someone else. :D

I offered M Bell and Simms for Romo or Campbell.

He countered with: He gives Romo and #1.2 and I give FWP and #1.7

Thats not horrible but maybe I should get more out of FWP?

P.S. CTR: Mind your own business. :D

I would not look to overpay for a QB. they are overrated in real and fantasy football.especially since this is IDP.

If it was me I would look to trade at another position I need help at and look for a weak starter throwin.

I offered M Bell and Simms for Romo or Campbell.

He countered with: He gives Romo and #1.2 and I give FWP and #1.7

Thats not horrible but maybe I should get more out of FWP?

P.S. CTR: Mind your own business. :D

I don't like it, tossing away a non-RBBC back like FWP these days isn't worth it.

Maybe if you mention that his asking price is too high for Romo, he will make a better offer with Campbell.

Either way, I wouldn't deal any of your starting RBs with a spread like that.

I don't like it, tossing away a non-RBBC back like FWP these days isn't worth it.

Maybe if you mention that his asking price is too high for Romo, he will make a better offer with Campbell.

Either way, I wouldn't deal any of your starting RBs with a spread like that.

No, I will not do it trade one of my starting RB's. I have a solid squad except for QB. I will move into game plan #2. If that fails I have a nuclear weapon in my arsenal. :D