[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doral's Blue Monster

Jimmy Neutron

I played the Blue Monster today and all I can say is :D That course kicked my butt. :tup:

The fairways are fast and don't hold a ball with any english on it. A ball in the rough is a ball lost - I can now see why the PGA has so many spotters on every hole.

In the rare instance you do find your ball, you damn near break your wrists slamming it out of there.

The greens actually weren't too bad - fast, but not too tough to read. I putted very well, earning :doh: from my foresome-mates and caddie :D

Walking up 18 was a very cool feeling - the grandstands and hugh scoreboard are up for next weeks CA Championship. Water protects the front left of that green and the stands are on the back right.

I totaled 2 pars in a very tough round in the wind. I should have abandoned the driver long before I did, but I wanted that long perfect drive on a Blud Monster hole. :D

I can't wait to watch the pros tear that big blue biyatch a new one next weekend. :D

I played the Blue Monster today and all I can say is :D That course kicked my butt. :tup:

The fairways are fast and don't hold a ball with any english on it. A ball in the rough is a ball lost - I can now see why the PGA has so many spotters on every hole.

In the rare instance you do find your ball, you damn near break your wrists slamming it out of there.

The greens actually weren't too bad - fast, but not too tough to read. I putted very well, earning :D from my foresome-mates and caddie :D

Walking up 18 was a very cool feeling - the grandstands and hugh scoreboard are up for next weeks CA Championship. Water protects the front left of that green and the stands are on the back right.

I totaled 2 pars in a very tough round in the wind. I should have abandoned the driver long before I did, but I wanted that long perfect drive on a Blud Monster hole. :D

I can't wait to watch the pros tear that big blue biyatch a new one next weekend. :clap:

On a serious note, sounds like you had a lot of fun. :doh:

Secondly, is the big blue Doral monster a man? If so, then I've bolded the statements that seem to chime in on this weeks theme. :clap:

:D

Did you play the tips?

Gotta be pretty cool to play the same conditions the Pros will play it. Closest I've come is playing Bunker Hills the week after the Seniors Tour held a tournament there. Not like they set the course up too tough for the Seniors...

Surprised you were able to get on the week before the PGA plays there. We were in Jacksonville years ago and tried to play Sawgrass but were told they weren't allowing the public on the course within 2 weeks of the Players. :D

:D

Did you play the tips?

Gotta be pretty cool to play the same conditions the Pros will play it. Closest I've come is playing Bunker Hills the week after the Seniors Tour held a tournament there. Not like they set the course up too tough for the Seniors...

Surprised you were able to get on the week before the PGA plays there. We were in Jacksonville years ago and tried to play Sawgrass but were told they weren't allowing the public on the course within 2 weeks of the Players. :tup:

I had committed to play from the big boy tees, but they were closed. :doh: I guess that's understandable with the tournament only a week away. They are closing the course tomorrow for final prep.

It was very cool. The rough was rough. My caddie said it won't see a mower between now and when the PGA guys begin play. Another week of growth. :D

Playing a course like that helps me appreciate how good those PGA cats are.

I am jealous. Very, very jealous. :D

+1

On a side note, I am heading south tomorrow night for a four day golf-a-thon. I am heading to Santee, SC to play six rounds of golf in four days. If there is anyone that reads this thread and is anywhere around that Santee area, and would like to golf, post here.

+1

On a side note, I am heading south tomorrow night for a four day golf-a-thon. I am heading to Santee, SC to play six rounds of golf in four days. If there is anyone that reads this thread and is anywhere around that Santee area, and would like to golf, post here.

Sounds fun! Hopefully, you're taking your own clubs. I made the mistake of leaving mine home and my hands are paying the price this morning. :D I use a use a very soft, tacky grip on my sticks and the Calloway rentals I used yesterday were rock hard and rough. I can play 36 holes or more with my clubs anytime with no problem, but my hands freakin' hurt today after one round with those hard grips. :D

I use a use a very soft, tacky grip on my sticks and the Calloway rentals I used yesterday were rock hard and rough. I can play 36 holes or more with my clubs anytime with no problem, but my hands freakin' hurt today after one round with those hard grips. :D

Rub some Vagisil on 'em. :oldrolleyes: