[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts players salary cap numbers for 2007

CaptainHook

The NFL's 2007 salary cap is $109 million, which means that at no time during the offseason can the combined total of the highest-paid 51 players on a team exceed that amount (during the regular season, it's the top 53 players). Listed are the Colts' '07 "cap numbers,'' which include a player's base salary and various pro-rated bonuses.

(Note: Due to the confidential nature of contracts, some cap numbers are approximations. Also, a team normally must include so-called "dead money'' in its cap budget, which represents any remaining pro-rated portions of bonuses paid to players no longer with the team. The Colts must account for nearly $7 million in dead money in '07, including $4 million for Brandon Stokley and $1.8 million for Montae Reagor. Combined with the approximately $99.5 million listed, that puts the Colts at about $106.5 million.)

Players, their cap number

Dwight Freeney: $8,644,000-x

Marvin Harrison: $8,400,000

Peyton Manning: $8,200,000

Tarik Glenn: $8,175,666

Corey Simon: $7,055,000

Reggie Wayne: $5,880,000

Ryan Diem: $5,800,000

Anthony McFarland: $5,500,000

Jeff Saturday: $4,584,666

Raheem Brock: $4,135,000

Robert Mathis: $3,990,000

Gary Brackett: $2,205,000

Adam Vinatieri: $2,070,000

Marlin Jackson: $1,387,500

Joseph Addai: $1,345,750

Jake Scott: $1,300,000-y

Ryan Lilja: $1,300,000-y

Josh Thomas: $1,300,000-y

Rob Morris: $1,183,333

Dallas Clark: $1,087,857

Jim Sorgi: $850,000-y

Gilbert Gardner: $850,000-y

Jason David: $850,000-y

Hunter Smith: $841,428

Bob Sanders: $781,666

Justin Snow: $780,000

Kelvin Hayden: $716,250

Keith O'Neil: $626,666

Tim Jennings: $600,000

Dylan Gandy: $534,633

Matt Giordano: $528,666

John Navarre: $510,000

Tyjuan Hagler: $467,050

Freddy Keiaho: $466,000

Bryan Fletcher: $448,530

Darrell Reid: $435,666

Mike Labinjo: $435,000

Norman LeJeune: $435,000

Ben Utecht: $435,000-y

Charlie Johnson: $380,575

Antoine Bethea: $374,750

DeDe Dorsey: $360,000

T.J. Rushing: $360,000

Ryan LaCasse: $360,000

John Standeford: $360,000

Dan Federkeil: $360,000

Matt Ulrich: $360,000

Michael Toudouze: $360,000

Reggie Hodges: $360,000

Devin Aromashodu: $285,000

Josh Betts: $285,000

x -- one-year franchise tag, which likely will increase to approximately $9.5 million in April

y -- one-year tender as a restricted or exclusive rights free agentPlayers, their cap number

link to article from Indy Star

ouch

Well dumping Fatty Simon is a cool 7 mil savings right there. Getting Freeny under a new contract would be nice also, he's not worth $8M.

Seriously, all you do is complain about the Colts drafting and management. You do realize they won the Super Bowl right? And have had the best record in the league over the last 8 or 9 years? Polian is a major reason for that whether you like it or not. Somehow I doubt you were a Colts fan before he arrived, or you'd aprreciatiate this a little more. Ask fans of the Lions or Cardinals to complain about their teams management. Then you'll see how petty you are. Every team has guys on the roster that make more than they are worth. A D-line next year with a healthy Simon and Booger McFarland would definitely be better than 32nd against the run. Newsflash: Freeney is worth every bit of $8 million.

yeah, he is. dude was a monster for us at the end of the year and in the play-offs.

Look guys, I know you think Booger is great because of how he played at the end of last year. But just remember, Booger lives off of being good for short periods of time and then being injured the rest of the time. He has never lived up to that contract. Thanks for the 2nd rounder and taking him off our books though.

Look guys, I know you think Booger is great because of how he played at the end of last year. But just remember, Booger lives off of being good for short periods of time and then being injured the rest of the time. He has never lived up to that contract. Thanks for the 2nd rounder and taking him off our books though.

Thanks for the DT that helped us win the SB. You can have the second rounder. Without McFarland, our starting DT's would have been Raheem Brock and Darrel Reid. :D Our top sub would have been Dan Klecko. :D Without Booger, there is no way the Colts win the SB, or even get that far.

A trade where both sides are still happy then.

I sure am. Even if Booger never lived up to the hype, I doubt that the Colts would've gotten a better DT with that second-round pick. And even if they're over-paying for him salary-wise, they would've been completely screwed last year (as CH pointed out) with Reagor AND Simon out. And now with Reagor gone and Simon/Brock likely on their way out because of their high cap figures, having Booger makes even more sense.

And now with Reagor gone and Simon/Brock likely on their way out because of their high cap figures, having Booger makes even more sense.

Brock won't be cut. Colts are very happy with his versatility. Local paper says that they are waiting on the grievances to be settled in the Simon case before they make any decisions about his future. Depending on how it is ruled, Simon's cap hit for 2007 could go up or down. I have not heard any updates on his health for a while. If it was bad, I think the Colts would have cut him already. Several months ago, Dungy said he envisions McFarland and Simon together on the d-line next year.

Brock won't be cut. Colts are very happy with his versatility. Local paper says that they are waiting on the grievances to be settled in the Simon case before they make any decisions about his future. Depending on how it is ruled, Simon's cap hit for 2007 could go up or down. I have not heard any updates on his health for a while. If it was bad, I think the Colts would have cut him already. Several months ago, Dungy said he envisions McFarland and Simon together on the d-line next year.

Agreed that Brock probably won't be cut this year (especially with Reagor leaving), but I'll bet that both he and Simon are gone in '08. Assuming that Brock will still be under contract in '08, he and Simon alone would combine for about $12 million in cap space.

Agreed also that they want to give Simon a chance to play (mostly because they don't want Brock getting run over again). But he's on extremely thin ice right now. If he's not in good physical condition by August, he'll get axed. I'm pretty sure that they're going to use that first-round pick on a DT and most DTs take a while to adjust to the pros.

I sure am. Even if Booger never lived up to the hype, I doubt that the Colts would've gotten a better DT with that second-round pick. And even if they're over-paying for him salary-wise, they would've been completely screwed last year (as CH pointed out) with Reagor AND Simon out. And now with Reagor gone and Simon/Brock likely on their way out because of their high cap figures, having Booger makes even more sense.

It was a good trade for both sides. The Colts needed a run stuffer and the Bucs needed to get younger by gaining more draft picks. Booger had plenty of time to shine in Tampa. Unfortunately, he could never get out of Sapp's shadow.