[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blades of Glory

TDFFFreak

I'm a sucker for a Will Ferrell comedy. I went in with moderate expectations and came out satisfied. Better than Talladega Nights (disappointing and overrated), not quite as good as Anchorman, Zoolander, Old School or Elf. John Heder is so one note and I think we've seen him at his best with Nap Dynomite. He fits the given role fine here, but he's nowhere near the reason that I laughed with this movie. The movie clocks in at a thankfully short 93 minutes, which is a good thing because this movie isn't about plot. It's about mocking male figure skating.

If you like W.F. movies, silly comedies or figure skating (and have a sense of humor) go see this movie. If you are not one of those people, you are on your own...

Edited by TDFFFreak

I don't get how people seem to love or at least really like Nights (my wife included). I thought it played too far down to the perceived "stupid" level of a NASCAR fans and their red neck image failing to be consistently funny after the first half hour. At least with Blades of Glory, while the pacing was off at times, there were many funny moments from beginning to end.

Edited by TDFFFreak

i am a big fan of his, but only like a few of his movies... just saw talladega last weekend and thought it stunk (outside of a few laughs).

I thought Sasha Baron Cohen's gay, French NASCAR driver and Gary Cole as Reese Bobby to be the highlights of the film moreso than Will Ferrell.

I just started a thread about this not seeing yours :D I thought it had its moments but was decent at best..A few good laughs but fell a little flat..Ferrels Charector was a lot better then Heders. I give it a c+

John Heder should thank his lucky stars that Dynamite came into his life. Otherwise, people would laugh at this guy as an actor (not the good kind of laughing).

Seeing him on SNL last year sealed the deal that he's just not that funny or talented.

Chavez, I agree with you on the actors in Nights.

Edited by TDFFFreak