[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this a fair trade?

Randall

12 team PPR dynasty league. Deuce is a RFA and team 1 wants to trade rather than getting in a bidding war.

It isn't collusion but is it fair?

Team 1 gives up

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB; Year

2007 Draft Pick 1.06;Year

2007 Draft Pick 3.06

Team 2 gives up

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB;

Year 2007 Draft Pick 4.11

If no what would fair offer be for Norwood, or Deuce. How would you counter?

Getting Deuce, a 1st round pick and moving up from 4th to 3rd for Norwood seems like too much.

It's not tacky. Norwood may be a good player. I think a 1.06 for him alone would be fine, but Deuce, a 1.06 plus moving up from 4 to 3 just seems excessive.

Deuce for Norwood would be fair too or Deuce and switching 1st round picks would be fair.

Prove me wrong.

Duece's value as a RFA is negligible in this trade, especially to Team A if they have no intention of matching a high bid on him.

If somebody is high on Norwood, then giving the 1.06 and a flip of later round picks seems reasonable.

If I was Team A, I would have wanted to get a 3rd rounder back for my 4th rounder instead of the other way around, but that's because I would have wanted some value back for Duece and I am as not as high on Norwood as Team A must be.

All in all, seems like a fair trade. Certainly no reason to make a scene over it.

Duece's value as a RFA is negligible in this trade, especially to Team A if they have no intention of matching a high bid on him.

If somebody is high on Norwood, then giving the 1.06 and a flip of later round picks seems reasonable.

If I was Team A, I would have wanted to get a 3rd rounder back for my 4th rounder instead of the other way around, but that's because I would have wanted some value back for Duece and I am as not as high on Norwood as Team A must be.

All in all, seems like a fair trade. Certainly no reason to make a scene over it.

To add I am very high on Norwood. I like his talent and the team he is on.

Information is sketchy here, but I'm going to assume 1) That you are team 2 and wouldn't mind giving up Norwood and would kind of like to have Deuce; 2) that this is a 12 team league and you currently have picks 1.2, 2.11, 3.2 and 4.11; and 3) like most Dynasty Drafts this is mainly a rookie/sleeper draft. Of course, having to guess on all of this, but if I'm reading it right:

1) The first trade that you proposed is, IMO, too rich for team 2. If I were team 2, I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. If I were team 1 it would take me only moments to turn it down -- and a little longer to try and craft a counteroffer.

2) Your suggestion of trading Deuce and Norwood straight up? Whether this is equitable depends on what each team needs. If team 1 doesn't need 2007 performance but needs a good dynasty future, and if team 2 needs someone they think they can get some numbers out of this year (don't write of Deuce yet) -- then this would be a fairly equitable trade. Otherwise . . .?

3) Your suggestion of trading player for player and switching first round picks? As team two, I really really would hate this deal. 2007 is a year where I would not like giving up a 1.2 draft pick for 1.6 in a dynasty league. In fact, it would take a lot to shake me off of any of the first three draft picks this year.

So, that leaves us where? It sounds like you are really looking for a way for this to work, and for it to be fair. And if you are Team 2 here is what I would suggest:

Team 1 gives Deuce, Pick 2.7 and Pick 4.7

Team 2 gives Norwood, Pick 2.11, and pick 4.11

As Team 2, this gets you Deuce, it preserves your 1.2 first round draft pick, and it gives you picks 2.7, 3.6, and 4.7. This is a little subtle, but what that does is plant you in the middle section of rounds 2, 3, and 4 eliminating the long turns at the end of Round 1 and the end of Round 3. After getting the early pick in round one, you are in a better strategic position for the next three rounds of the draft. Just a thought.

:D SuperChiefs / John

What are the RFA rules regarding Deuce. Seems this would have an affect on his trade value, as, if you are merely trading his rights and team 2 could still lose him in a bidding war, he has a reduced value. If by trading him his status is locked for Team 2, he has a different value.

Could you clarify that matter please.

What are the RFA rules regarding Deuce. Seems this would have an affect on his trade value, as, if you are merely trading his rights and team 2 could still lose him in a bidding war, he has a reduced value. If by trading him his status is locked for Team 2, he has a different value.

Could you clarify that matter please.

Its a dead issue

Deuce is a RFA (with the rights to match) and 1.6 and 3.6 being traded for Norwood, and the 4.11 (currently on DTS so eligible for a new contract up to 5 years). So it was possible as BC pointed out, that Nowood and the 4.11 could have essentially been traded for 1.06 & 3.06.

Further complicating the issue is the Franchise tag. Deuce was subsequently tagged. This means the owner can match for half the high bid or $10 (whichever is more) but if he chooses not to do so the team who signs him away gives up their 1st round pick.

The old Deuce owner offered the trade as it is stated. The Norwood owner figured he's getting 1.06, 3.06 and either another 1st round pick or Deuce for Norwood and 4.11 and accepted. (keep in mind that he also had Colston and about 17 other RFAs to resign as well)

The other issue that was skipped is that the team that appears to be getting the better end of the deal finished in 2nd place last year.

As far as the SuperChiefs' response, I have no idea where the 1.2, 3.2, 2.7 and 4.7 play into this since neither owner own those picks. It also a dynasty with RFA so I don't think he understood the question.

FWIW the other 10 owners voiced no objections so can we let it go and :D