[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iraq: The Decade After

H8tank

I'm not so sure about that. If part of the overall goal is to establish a semi-permanent military presense in the Middle East, that "win" can be accomplished by simply staying the coarse for as long as possible.

So the goal is to set up a "semi-permanent" base in the middle east with an unlimited timeline and unlimited budget with which to accomplish it.

Good fricking lord, I hope to God we could manage that. :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

So the goal is to set up a "semi-permanent" base in the middle east with an unlimited timeline and unlimited budget with which to accomplish it.

Good fricking lord, I hope to God we could manage that. :D

Easy. All we have to do is take biohazardous bags of their liposuctioned body fat, process it into designer bars of soap, and then sell it back to their previously fat asses. Not only do we fund the entire occupation, but we have a nice laugh at their expense.

Easy. All we have to do is take biohazardous bags of their liposuctioned body fat, process it into designer bars of soap, and then sell it back to their previously fat asses. Not only do we fund the entire occupation, but we have a nice laugh at their expense.

Sigh. You used to be cool.

Historically that brings peace to the area.

Perhaps you're right. I am by no means a military historian. But I think it's common sense that the chances of bringing peace to such an area would go up significantly if that semi-permanent military presense was a domestic one, rather than occupational forces of an invading foreign country.

And yes, I get the general point of staying there long enough to provide sufficient temporary stability so that a sufficient domestic military can take root. But at some point a cost/benefit analysis has to take place in which we are willing to call this a failed undertaking, and be willing to terminate the monumental cost and effort involved. No, I don't think we should communicate those terms to the hostiles. But I'd feel a whole lot better about this war (or whatever we're supposed to call it) if I knew our military strategy involved parameters for pulling the plug and calling further efforts a waste.

Edited by yo mama