[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huggins leaves K-State

Guest ksu70

Guest ksu70

As a die-hard K-State fan I was excited to see his hiring. I knew he was slick and knew all about the graduation rate stuff. I can say that I immediately fell right into that category of alumni that just wanted him to win. I did not care about the rest of the stuff because I knew he would win. I never thought he would stay there forever but I could not have imagined he would recruit the best class in the nation and then leave after ONE season. I have a feeling things could get ugly in Manhattan again. Who knows what those recruits will do now. It is a sad day, one I knew would come, but this quick?

"I asked him, 'Bob, do you think leaving now is the right thing to do?' And he said, 'No,'" athletic director Tim Weiser said at a news conference. "Then I said, 'How many times in your life have you known what the right thing is to do and not done it?' And he said, 'Never.'"

His arrest and conviction for drunken driving in 2004 upset president Nancy Zimpher, and he was forced to resign over issues that included players' arrests, suspensions and low graduation rates.

Huggins is a slime ball, but at least he's going to his Big East alma mater instead of some insulting move to the university (think Steve Alford).

In Manhattan, he would always play second fiddle, be it with the football program or KU.

Guest ksu70

I hope he brings his whole recruiting class with him. :D LET'S GOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!! :tup:

You can always hope but that ain't gonna happen... :D

You can always hope but that ain't gonna happen... :D

I know. At least Bailey said he's staying at KSU. That has to count for something. Now I hope Huggins doesn't go to the same bars as Pacman and Chris Henry did. :D

At least Bailey said he's staying at KSU. That has to count for something.

It's Beasley.

The entire class is still coming which is because the guys that recruited them (Hill & Martin) are still at K-State.

K-State is keeping Huggins' assistants and recruits, Huggins can have WV. :D

It's Beasley.

The entire class is still coming which is because the guys that recruited them (Hill & Martin) are still at K-State.

K-State is keeping Huggins' assistants and recruits, Huggins can have WV. :D

Can't believe I said Bailey. :tup: Actually hard to figure why he'd leave his #1 recruiting class. I know he's from Morgantown, but jees. Good luck to you KSU! I deserved that :D .

• 4 weeks later...