[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cigar question

dmarc117

have a bunch of cigars in a ziplock bag that have not been kept in a humidor for over a year. they are dry. can they be revived?

Yes they can.....either put them in a humidor with the correct solution or put them ina ziplock with one of those portable humidifiers. They can be found at any cigar stor. Give them about a week or so. They will be fine

have a bunch of cigars in a ziplock bag that have not been kept in a humidor for over a year. they are dry. can they be revived?

Yes they can.....either put them in a humidor with the correct solution or put them ina ziplock with one of those portable humidifiers. They can be found at any cigar stor. Give them about a week or so. They will be fine

daddy is partly right... the best way to rehumidify your cigars is to place them in a humidifier and SLOWLY bring the humidity up. If you live in a dry area start at 50% for a week then 55% raising humidity by 5% a week until you get to an optimal 68-70% humidity. Otherwise if cigars go from dry to humid in a short amount of time the wrapper can crack and shed becoming unsmokable!

daddy is partly right... the best way to rehumidify your cigars is to place them in a humidifier and SLOWLY bring the humidity up. If you live in a dry area start at 50% for a week then 55% raising humidity by 5% a week until you get to an optimal 68-70% humidity. Otherwise if cigars go from dry to humid in a short amount of time the wrapper can crack and shed becoming unsmokable!

This is good info here.

I'll add some more good info by offering suggestions for some of the best cigars on Earth... and my top three are:

1. Fuente Fuente OpusX Forbidden X Lancero 2004 -- My dad purchased one for me when I returned from Iraq as a welcome home gift... amazing cigar.

2. Cohiba Robustos

3. Opus X Belicoso XXX

This is good info here.

I'll add some more good info by offering suggestions for some of the best cigars on Earth... and my top three are:

1. Fuente Fuente OpusX Forbidden X Lancero 2004 -- My dad purchased one for me when I returned from Iraq as a welcome home gift... amazing cigar.

2. Cohiba Robustos

3. Opus X Belicoso XXX

Hey Grunt...nice list. But dollar for dollar try the Oleva Serie O. Maduro wrapper. Hard to beat for the price. 5-8 bucks a smoke here in the Burgh. Tough to find a decent maduro these days. Most of them have gone downhill. Punch maduros are terrible. So are the Hoyas. They used to be solid. Dark and oily. Now you can barely tell them from a natural wrapper. Them came the LaGloria Serie R. When first introduced...outstanding. Now you are lucky to get a decent batch every six months.

Hey Grunt...nice list. But dollar for dollar try the Oleva Serie O. Maduro wrapper. Hard to beat for the price. 5-8 bucks a smoke here in the Burgh. Tough to find a decent maduro these days. Most of them have gone downhill. Punch maduros are terrible. So are the Hoyas. They used to be solid. Dark and oily. Now you can barely tell them from a natural wrapper. Them came the LaGloria Serie R. When first introduced...outstanding. Now you are lucky to get a decent batch every six months.

It is definitely a sad thing when a great cigar turns bad, or shows inconsistency from year to year. That's something that happens even with some of the well known name brands... sucks. :tup: I haven't seen the Oleva Serie O. Maduro, however, the 5-8 price range for quality cigars is perfect for most situations. :D

Gotta love Macanudo's too! :D

It is definitely a sad thing when a great cigar turns bad, or shows inconsistency from year to year. That's something that happens even with some of the well known name brands... sucks. :doh: I haven't seen the Oleva Serie O. Maduro, however, the 5-8 price range for quality cigars is perfect for most situations. :D

Gotta love Macanudo's too! :D

Hey maybe we could get some of our liberal friends to find us some good Cuban stogies. :tup:

once you get 6 inches into your butt you can feel it. Just make sure the Dr. doesn't have thick fingers.

hahahahahaha

What I would do, is just cut the cigar and pull out the tobacco. Fill with Josh Gordon, reseal the cigar, and smoke to your hearts content (or until your just baked).