[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Limbaugh and the VT deal

polksalet

That's a nice thing he is doing.

Was he sure to let people know how much he is giving or did you hear it somewhere else and think that we needed to know?

He reported it. His show is pretty good today. he is having callers donate and he matches them. One recently retired army vet called in and offered $200 if Rush would play the Kennedy/Osama Obama and the Boxer/too tight thong parodies. Rushmatched the $200 with $10k. The next caller asked how much had been given and Limbaugh stated that callers had given like $50k and he had thrown in an additional $320k.

I can see him saying how much he has donated with regards to his matching. That's pretty cool. Going out of his way though to say how much he has donated rings a little of shameless self promotion.

I guess at 320k though, he has earned that right

I can see him saying how much he has donated with regards to his matching. That's pretty cool. Going out of his way though to say how much he has donated rings a little of shameless self promotion.

oh fok off, you know nothing about him. He donates more to charity than bill cliton, skerry and alf bore COMINED.

Gonna need a linky here. And the Hitler Youth does not count as a charity.

I have no idea about that statement but I remember that Gore used to get a lot of flack for never giving anything to charity and I don't think Clinton gives much either. However I bet you that Imus gives more than Limbaugh, Clinton, and Gore combined and he just got fired.

Yes, part of it. Do some research on his sids work.

I know that he brings in children who have lost a sibling to SIDS and other children that are battling cancer and other problems, but I think he got himself a ranch for free by playing the charity card.

I know that he brings in children who have lost a sibling to SIDS and other children that are battling cancer and other problems, but I think he got himself a ranch for free by playing the charity card.

That was your mistake.

Should be fair enough to include the Clinton foundation also, then. What's that, about a billion dollars?

I never thought I would get piled on for sticking up for a liberal radio show guy?

Obama is a cheap bastard.

Obama has enjoyed a robust household income throughout his political career in the Illinois Senate and the U.S. Senate. But for most of that time he has reported comparatively little by national standards in charitable contributions on his tax returns, records released by Obama show. . . .

On their just-filed 2006 tax return, Obama and his wife, a hospital administrator, reported taxable income of $983,626 and claimed deductions for $60,307 in charitable donations. In 2005 they earned a combined $1.65 million and gave away about $77,300.

In 2002, the year before Obama launched his campaign for U.S. Senate, the Obamas reported income of $259,394, ranking them in the top 2 percent of U.S. households, according to Census Bureau statistics. That year the Obamas claimed $1,050 in deductions for gifts to charity, or 0.4 percent of their income. The average U.S. household totaled $1,872 in gifts to charity in 2002, according to the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University.

Hmmm, nice timing...

Imus ranch and charity work I beleiv should not be questioned or besmeared

And rush did a good thing regardless if he announced it on his show or not ...fact remains it is a great gesture and I am sure will help a lot of people

My 2 cents