[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas' Pick from Cleveland = likely 1.01!

Kansas State 2000

I'm not a Brady Quinn fan. From that perspective, it's a bird in the hand argument. Will a better QB be there early next year the Browns could have taken? I don't know. Neither do the Browns. I see it as a good trade seeing as they were projected in most mocks to take Quinn #3. If you are a Cleveland fan and believe in Brady Quinn it had to be a great weekend. I'm certainly glad the Cowboys passed on him.

My gripe is really with the Cowboys and certainly not for making the trade, from the prespective they moved down 4 spots for what WILL be a top 10 pick next year, they made out like a bandit. I'm just disappointed with the underwhelming nature of the draft. Mr. Jones said we weren't drafting for need this year. That gave me the impression we might draft an impact player. Hope I'm wrong about Spencer. He's an NFL tweener who I heard nothing about going into the draft. Given the lack of pass rush last year, that smells of drafting for need to me.

Spencer = Demarcus Ware.

And I dont like the trade for several reasons for CLE. First they could have gotten John Beck in round 2, who I think will be as good if not better than Quinn, and not given up their 1st next yr and be in the same position they are in now. So if they suck next yr, they add RB D McFadden, and another OL in rd 2 next yr, and this offense all of a sudden looks like a strength. Beck, Mcfadden, B edwards, Winslow and a strong OL, that would be one helluva start for the 08 season.

Both play OLB. and the front 7, plus Roy in the box more will stop the run.

Well, he's being brought in to rush the QB so I'm not sure how his addition or the addition of anyone we drafted will help in stopping the run. Sure, the guys we drafted in the 7th round can have WRs blow by them just like Roy Williams but that seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Maybe the improved pass rush will help with the pass coverage but I'm not sure what that'll matter if you are running on us all day long.

You know college football better than I do but again, there was nothing exciting about these picks. Maybe the Mavs have me in a funk but I'm just not excited about a single player we drafted.