[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Trade Advice

Menudo

This is a 4/5 player keeper league. You have the option to keep a 5th player, but, doing so gives up your 1st Round pick. The scoring is pretty close to standard performance scoring, with some yardage bonuses and bonuses for RB's catching TD's.

One other note, as of now, I do not have a 3rd, 4th, or 5th rounder, but, have extra picks late in the draft.

I will be keeping 5 players, and here is what I have now:

W. Parker, S. Alexander, T. Henry, D. Driver, & (H. Ward or T. Gonzalez)

As of now, I love having 3 great RB's to enter the season, but, with the lack of picks early, I'm concerned about what my WR corps could look like.

Here is what I was offered:

T. Holt, B. Jacobs, L. White, J. Lewis, & 2nd Round Pick

for

W. Parker

The thinking is that one of White, Lewis, & Jacobs can be kept as a 3rd RB, and I then have Holt & Driver. I hate to give up my safe feeling at RB, but, feel I can definitely improve my starting lineup, and add another draft pick, which I need.

So, to sum it all up.

Before Trade:

W. Parker, S. Alexander, T. Henry, D. Driver, & (H. Ward or T. Gonzalez)

2nd Rounder, 6th Rounder, 7th Rounder, etc. (extra picks late)

After Trade:

S. Alexander, T. Henry, T. Holt, D. Driver, (B. Jacobs, J. Lewis, L. White, H. Ward, or T. Gonzalez)

(2) 2nd Rounders, 6th Rounder, 7th Rounder, etc. (extra picks late)

I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. Like I said, I hate giving up my great RB corps, but, getting Holt and the 2nd rounder might be worth it. Your thoughts ?

Holy crap! If I had the chance to keep 5 of Alexander, Henry, Jacobs, Holt, & Driver in a 5 player keeper league I'd really like my chances of a championship. I think Jacobs has a good chance to score just as well as Parker in FF this coming season, or if not very close, and Holt easily makes up the difference. Then you throw in the 2nd rounder and you have a slam dunk on your hands, IMO.

That trade is weighted way in your direction.

What's the point of having White and LEwis in the deal if you won't even be considering keeping them.

I would have those players, that add absolutely no value to you in this trade take nout, and ask the owner to put something of value in there for you, like an extra pick. Maybe you can get a 3rd or 4th added in, even if it means you add in one of your late round picks. At least then you get something you can use rather than fodder that will only be cut by you.

THough, I do like the keeper options after the trade, so, if the owner balks, I probably would still pull the trigger. Only reason to get Lewis and White is if you think you can subsequently turn them around for picks or packaged for a player you would keep.

I like this deal for you myself Menudo.

Basically you will be getting Holt and a 2nd rounder for Parker. I cannot see how you could lose there.

EDIT: Plus you would have some good trade bait to try and get some other higher picks.

Edited by Doc Holliday

What's the point of having White and LEwis in the deal if you won't even be considering keeping them.

I would have those players, that add absolutely no value to you in this trade take nout, and ask the owner to put something of value in there for you, like an extra pick. Maybe you can get a 3rd or 4th added in, even if it means you add in one of your late round picks. At least then you get something you can use rather than fodder that will only be cut by you.

THough, I do like the keeper options after the trade, so, if the owner balks, I probably would still pull the trigger. Only reason to get Lewis and White is if you think you can subsequently turn them around for picks or packaged for a player you would keep.

Well, in our league neither White or Lewis are going to be keepers. So, really they add very little value to the trade. Taking them out would do very little. For me, keeping them in provides a safety net if Jacobs would get injured.

Also, we were in initial talks, meaning he threw it out there with the "not a definite offer, just wanted my thoughts" thing. When I said I was extremely interested, he took some time to think . He now wants the pick to be a 3rd. Really not a big deal, as he picks 9th in the 2nd round and 2nd in the 3rd round. A difference of 3 picks. However, he is still thinking it over. :D

Don't you love when people come to you with a thought, and then when you are ready to pull the trigger they balk. :D

O.k. it turns out, that the owner, was trying to see where I'm at, and didn't want to do the deal at all. :D

The final offer I gave him, as the more I thought about this, the more I wanted to do it, was:

Holt, Jacobs, Lewis, & 4th Rounder

for

Parker & 8th Rounder

Obviously, not the slam dunk in the original message, but, I still felt like I had to do it. The Faneca situation worries me slightly, but, the main reason I did this, is I wanted to bolster my starting lineup, which I did with Holt, and I feel that Jacobs will be more than serviceable as a #3 back. The 4th rounder is great, as, I think I would have considered this even if the pick wasn't there.

Obviously, not the slam dunk in the original message

Yes it is. Jacobs + Holt > Parker & Ward. That you still got a 4th rounder for an 8th rounder out of the deal means that it's still a superb deal for you. Nice work.

(I'd like to see the website that he frequents to see him crow about how he "screwed" you out of Parker)

Yes it is. Jacobs + Holt > Parker & Ward. That you still got a 4th rounder for an 8th rounder out of the deal means that it's still a superb deal for you. Nice work.

(I'd like to see the website that he frequents to see him crow about how he "screwed" you out of Parker)

Well, I know he frequents the main "other" site, but, I don't think he posts much.

Also, in defense of the guy that did it, his team is absolutely loaded:

Keepers are now - Parker, Tomlinson, Addai, Wayne, & Fitzgerald

So, Jacobs held no value to him.

I did have concern about making an already loaded team even better, but, I figure, he can only start two of his backs (we have no flex position), so, I'd rather strengthen his depth at RB, while possibly hurting his starting lineup a bit by taking away Holt and an early pick.