[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis - more injury problems

this is his 6th season and I'm starting to wonder if he's one of those backs that is already starting to wind down...

I will try to avoid drafting him...mostly due to some RBBC and due to injury concerns....unless I get him at real good value...

I don't think its so much the tendinitis that's the problem: its just that the tendinitis is yet another in a long list of dings and dents Portis seems to endure. He seems to have become very "Westbrookish" in that regard.

the thing is...Westbrook isn't that injury prone...he just misses a game here and there and only had one season where he really got hurt...

2 years ago his injury was exaggerated so he had a good enough excuse not to play the rest of the season because we were out of the playoffs anyways....

it was merely a matter of him resting up for the following season and just taking his loss...

his injury history does require an asterisk in that regard because that was the exact point people broke down and labeled him injury prone and gave in...

and last season he missed some time early...a game, maybe 2....but he was indeed a headache to own in fantasy at the time..

but after that point, it was smooth sailing if you had a sound team around him...

The article doesn't make it sound like it is too serious, but apparently now Portis has some tendinitis in his knee to accompany his shoulder and hand rehab. Just another something to keep in mind.

Dammit - can't this guy catch a break.

Lord knows what type of outfit he'll come out with to compensate for his lack of production.

this is his 6th season and I'm starting to wonder if he's one of those backs that is already starting to wind down...

I will try to avoid drafting him...mostly due to some RBBC and due to injury concerns....unless I get him at real good value...

I've been avoiding him for three years.

Things are looking a little better now:

:D

Clinton Portis and director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer both said that he is recovering well from a bout of tendonitis in his knee and will be full-go for the start of training camp. He'll miss this month's mini camp.

Well if Bubba says he's better, he must be better.