[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AH-HA! I just KNEW that there was a connection between cellphones and car-keys

wiegie

Nissan warns U.S. cellphones can disable car keys

Thu May 24, 2007 7:22PM EDT

Nissan has a warning for customers: placing your electronic key too close to your cellphone could leave you stranded.

The automaker is asking customers driving new models of two of its flagship sedans to keep their car keys and cellphones at least an inch apart to avoid disabling the "intelligent keys."

Cellphones kept near Nissan's I-Keys -- wireless devices designed to allow drivers to enter and start their cars at the push of a button -- can erase the electronic code on the keys, rendering them unable to unlock or start the cars.

The problem has occurred on the 2007 Nissan Altima and Infiniti G35 sedans -- two of their top-selling models, the company said on Thursday.

"We discovered that if the I-Key touches a cellphone, outgoing or incoming calls have the potential to alter the electronic code inside the I-Key," Nissan spokesman Kyle Bazemore said.

"The car won't start and the I-Key cannot be reprogrammed," he added.

The problem has occurred in a "very small percentage" of cars sold, Bazemore said. He also said a new version of the I-Key would be available in the fall.

Bazemore said current owners have been notified of the potential glitch via mail and can get new keys from dealers if they encounter the problem.

If I remember correctly, this is pretty much what I had said a few years ago.

:D

If I remember correctly, this is pretty much what I had said a few years ago.

:tup:

As a Professor (w/ full tenure) Emeritus w/ a spotless record of 31 years in education, I feel obligated to submit to the Grand Valley State University tenure committee, a copy of this post and your original post and let them conclude what they will.

I am also a poor retired teacher on a fixed income, and am in need of a subsidy for my next Vegas trip. Consider your options carefully. You have 10 days to reply. :D

Has anyone else noticed wiegie's pomposity lately? :D He's starting to act like untateve. :doh:

As a Professor (w/ full tenure) Emeritus w/ a spotless record of 31 years in education, I feel obligated to submit to the Grand Valley State University tenure committee, a copy of this post and your original post and let them conclude what they will.

I am also a poor retired teacher on a fixed income, and am in need of a subsidy for my next Vegas trip. Consider your options carefully. You have 10 days to reply. :tup:

Has anyone else noticed wiegie's pomposity lately? :D He's starting to act like untateve. :D

I'm not certain, but I sense I've been insulted.

Has anyone else noticed wiegie's pomposity lately? :D He's starting to act like untateve. :D

I'm not certain, but I sense I've been insulted.

:tup: