[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whos the better freeze?

SS or RW  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Whos the better freeze and why?

• Steve Smith
    • Reggie Wayne

JW who ya'll think is the better freeze and why you think they are, thanks!

By freeze, I assume that you mean keeper?

The answer to this depends upon your personality. Smith has a bigger upside but also has been missed a significant amount of games in the past 3 seasons. Wayne is emerging as Manning's #1 WR and plays 16 games every year, but Manning also like to throw the ball around.

With Smith, when healthy, you can expect close to 100 catches, 1300 yds, & 8-10 TDs. With Wayne, you can probably expect 85 catches, 1200 yds, & 7-9 TDs.

So the question becomes, are you willing to take the injury risk for the projected higher performance? If so, Smith's your guy. If you haved less tolerance for risk and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of projected performance, Wayne's your choice.

Comon BB. This one is easy. Smith is the best WR in the league and when he plays he proves it. The passing offense as a whole struggled last year because it hinges on a single weapon, Steve Smith.

Really?

Smith, per game averages over the past 3 years: 6.19 repg, 90.0 reypg, 0.645 reTDpg

FFppg: 19.06 ppw in a ppr league

Wayne, per game averages over the past 3 years: 5.13 repg, 74.5 reypg, 0.542 reTDpg.

FFppg: 15.83 ppw in a ppr league

So that does make it easy, doesn't it.

Oh, yeah:

Number of games Smith has missed in the past 3 years: 17

Number of games Wayne has missed in the past 3 years: 0

A guy can't score for your team if he isn't on the field. An owner has to judge the value of the risk of taking Smith's 3+ FFppg over the fact that he's missed 35% of the games he's had a chance to play in during the past 3 years. That's significant and definitely levels the playing field between the two.

BTW - don't get me wrong, I like Smith better also - but I understand that there's higher risk associated with him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

BB summed it up nicely. Thi is your classic risk/reward scenario.

Smith is the risky pick with IMO a much higher reward potential, but also a much lower floor.

Wayne is the prototypical consistent pick in that (knock on wood) he hasnt missed any games recently, he is on onw of the most prolific passing offenses in the league and IMO his floor is a lot higher than Smith's, but the ceiling is not as high

I'll take wayne, his consistency, health, and a slightly lower cieling. Smith's schedule does make it very hard to give him up though, any chance of keeping both or being able to redraft the one you let go?