[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

scoring bonuses

hello--sick of the default public leaugues i've played in, this year i'm starting one of my own and am looking for scoring bonus suggestions....ie, the xtra points kicked in for certain milestones like 300 yards passing, 100/200 yards running receiving, etc.....i want to make them worthy of each milestone, yet keep the game balanced and fair. what do you typically assign as the bonus points?>thx

My local went away from this when we went to a more traditional performance system for yardage, but, if we assume you are still giving 1 pt per 10 yards rushing a receiving, then a bonus of say 2 points at 100 yards, 3 points at 150 yards and say 5 points at 200 yards could be appropriate, with similar bonuses for 300, 350 and 400 passing yards. This way it is a bonus for reaching the milestaones, but not likely a game changing level of bonus.

What we have done is give graduated points for TDs. The owners really like this. TDs are worth between 5 and 20 points (though, this year as we are doing a league refresh we may scale that down, it is a hold over rule from the original days of the league) with passing/receiving TDs from 0-19 worth 5 pts, 20-39, 10 pts, 40-59 15 pts and 60+ worth 20 points, and rushing is a 0-4 is 5 pts, 5-19 is 10 pts, 20-30 is 15 points and 40+ is 20 points.

We may scale this back to a 6-9-12 system, but the details have not been worked out yet.

we offer bonuses for players who perform out of position....everyone in my league loves this system and nobody has ever complained..........which is a shocker because there's always someone complaining about something...

it's sort of like this for example

this is the scoring for a RB...

1 pt per 10 rush yds, 5 pt bonus @ 100 yds

2 pts per 10 rec/pass yds, 5 pt bonus @ 100 yds

PPR (everyone gets PPR)

6 pts for a rush TD under 10 yds

7 pts for a rush TD between 10-29 yds

8 pts for a rush TD 30-49 yds

9 pts for a rush TD 50+ yds

9 pts for a rec/pass TD under 10 yds

10 pts for a rec/pass TD 10-29 yds

11 pts for a rec/pass TD 30-49 yds

12 pts for a rec/pass TD 50+ yds

that's just an example for what we do at RB...the same applies for WR and QB except you switch the lower scoring to their position and the QB's get nothing for pass yds until they hit 250 yds and then its 1 pt per every 10 additional pass yds...