[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock Starting Tomorrow

Thrash-494

Mock draft on My Fantasy League that will start Monday morning and probably take several days to finish. The format is fairly standard with 10 teams, no IDP, no PPR and 16 rounds in the draft. Staring lineups are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF. Scoring and more details can be found here, and please note that passing TDs are six points each, not four.

To claim a spot in the mock, go here, and log in to any of the untaken franchises with the password 'mockdraft'. Then go to Franchise Setup to change the name and password of that franchise to claim it. Check back Monday morning to begin making picks.

(I know this may be in the wrong subforum, but more people check this one and I wanted to make sure we get a group group of owners by tomorrow.) Its never too early to practice. :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more spots for anyone interested. Come on ya'll. We'll start tomorrow morning but there's no time limit so it will probably take all week.

Yeah, you accidentally picked Steven Jackson from Carolina instead of St. Louis so I changed it. Do you still want Gore instead of Alexander?

Holy crap. Brady & Colston on the 1/2 turn? Who is Da Bravos and has he ever played FF before? Vince Young at 2.08? Those kinds of selections completely nullify a mock. Why bother continuing - you aren't going to learn anything valuable.

:D My bad.

Here you go: link

Not worth seeing, though.

:D

Ya its bad. Outta curiousity how'd you get there btw..I can never find the draft report off the home page options.

Edit: NM, I found it finally.

Edited by Def.

Yeah, so it turns out a couple of the owners dont really know what they're doing, but I dont see how that "completey nullifies" the mock. Still -- do you guys doing this want to continue or not?

Yeah, so it turns out a couple of the owners dont really know what they're doing, but I dont see how that "completey nullifies" the mock.

Because every round is altered, and as the draft progresses it gets incrementally worse. Players drop that have no business being available in later rounds. That completely impeaches the credibility of a mock draft. It just doesn't have any practical value unless you play in a league with a few clueless owners - in which case it might have some slight value in anticipating which players might fall a few too many rounds.

That isn't a slam on you or your efforts to set up a mock. It's just the way it is. My advice to you: It's still very early. Undo the draft back to pick 1.09 and find 2 people to replace Da Bravos & Centrutions right now. You could still salvage this thing if you can keep the rest of the guys on board.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Because every round is altered, and as the draft progresses it gets incrementally worse. Players drop that have no business being available in later rounds. That completely impeaches the credibility of a mock draft. It just doesn't have any practical value unless you play in a league with a few clueless owners - in which case it might have some slight value in anticipating which players might fall a few too many rounds.

That isn't a slam on you or your efforts to set up a mock. It's just the way it is. My advice to you: It's still very early. Undo the draft back to pick 1.09 and find 2 people to replace Da Bravos & Centrutions right now. You could still salvage this thing if you can keep the rest of the guys on board.

Agree completely.

Okay, I understand that. I reverted the draft pack to pick 1.10 and there are now two open franchises anyone can claim, passwords "mockdraft". Let's see if we can revive this.

If you still don't want to continue in the mock, set your franchise name and password back to "Franchise Open" and "mockdraft" so another owner can take your franchise. Thanks.