[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm going to play Oakmont.

Skippy

No I did not turn pro and make the U.S. Open tourney. I just have a friend that has a friend that is getting us out there two Thursdays from now. I hope to break 100 as I have a long history of stinking it up on a really nice course. Having said that, I hit a 93 today on a course that I normally hit in the lower 80's on. If I could hit a 93 on this craphole of a course then I could easily see myself well over 100 at Oakmont. :D I don't care though. I just want to play this place and I have never been able to make the right connection until now.

No I did not turn pro and make the U.S. Open tourney. I just have a friend that has a friend that is getting us out there two Thursdays from now. I hope to break 100 as I have a long history of stinking it up on a really nice course. Having said that, I hit a 93 today on a course that I normally hit in the lower 80's on. If I could hit a 93 on this craphole of a course then I could easily see myself well over 100 at Oakmont. :D I don't care though. I just want to play this place and I have never been able to make the right connection until now.

Nice bro. The greens are rolling about 14 right now :D so they should be about 11 when you play.which is still deadly quick. Driver on #8?. Have fun bro, major jealous. Just keep it on the short grass and you'll be alright. Stray and you could be lookin' at 110 very easily. But a kickass 110 for sure :tup:

Don't forget your beach umbrella. :D

Good for you though for getting to play Oakmont. I live in Jax and have never played the TPC at Sawgrass. I'd love to play that 17th. Believe it or not, it doesn't scare me. If I have any strength at all in my game it's my short irons. Are you going to the Open? Would love to be there. Seriously, I hope you kick some arss and try not to think that you'll shoot over 100. You just might shoot what you think you're gonna shoot.

Are you going to the Open? Would love to be there.

Yes I am going on two different days. Tomorrow I am working as security to help park cars at one of the remote parking areas. At 1pm I can take the shuttles out to the open. On Saturday I scored some passes and me and my boy are going. This will be the first time I have even been there.

Edited by Skippy

Sweet!!!!! Did I mention that the President of my CC is also a member or CCNC(Country Club of North Carolina..in Pinehurst, and a member of Pinehurst as well). He has a house a on Pinehurst #5 and takes several groups of members up to play the courses. My particular group is going up again on July 21st....and I will play one of the hardest golf courses in the world. I'm a 9 right now, and if I break 100 I'll be happy. Yes, I will tackle #2 from the blue tee's this summer. PD vs The Beast of the East :D

Yes I am going on two different days. Tomorrow I am working as security to help park cars at one of the remote parking areas. At 1pm I can take the shuttles out to the open. On Saturday I scored some passes and me and my boy are going. This will be the first time I have even been there.

That's pretty neat. My dad took me in the early 70s. It was either the PGA or the Open but Johnny Miller won that's all I know. I was 10-12 years old. How old is your boy?

That's pretty neat. My dad took me in the early 70s. It was either the PGA or the Open but Johnny Miller won that's all I know. I was 10-12 years old. How old is your boy?

Cool. In 1973 Miller won the Open at Oakmont.

Cool. In 1973 Miller won the Open at Oakmont.

And I was 11 years old. Still too young to fully appreciate the significance of it all. But props to Dad for taking me. At least I returned the favor eventually by taking Dad to the TPC.

Enjoy!!! What lot are you working at the open? I live about 1.5 - 2 miles from the hulton bridge that leads to oakmont.

Pittsburgh Mills.

How old is your boy?

My boy is not really a boy anylonger. He is nineteen.

I'd be good for a 150 on Oakmont. :D

That's kinda what I am worried about. I play at another CC here in Pittsburgh and I can never seem to get in under 90. I can never figure out why but it has to be the greens. Oh and the rough is ... well, rough.

• 4 weeks later...