[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cool places to hold your Draft

mbarton11

Stonehenge, Easter Island, Buckingham Palace, The Death Star, Playboy Mansion, HOF in Canton, Fantasy Island (only if they could bring back Tatoo), The Vatican, Mecca, The Grand Canyon, New Orleans, Disney World, Roswell-New Mexico, Howard Sterns mansion in the Hamptons, the island on Lost, the town of Jericho, Amsterdam, Las Vegas, the Bada Bing, or Joe Namath's house. If you can put any of these together, I'm in! :D If not, do it at someone's house in your league where you can draft without being distracted :D

We hold ours in a different city each year...

New Orleans

San Diego

Chicago

Dallas

Denver

Memphis

St. Louis

12-14 guys, baseball, massive amounts of booze, golf, steaks, cigars, strippers, all out debauchery...yeah, it's awesome. :D

Never understood the whole bar thing myself. What we do is set up the house as an actual draft just like the NFL at Radio City Music Hall. Tables for each owner with their names on the seats and their team logos on the table. Digital clock on the wall so the owner and everyone else can see the time remaining for each pick. Of course the draft board hanging with a neutral party preferably a young lady in a bikini top and short shorts. Oh and this does not offend the ladies we have in each league because well they are partial to women along with being married to us. (Trust me this is not a lie. Some of us have been blessed with our beatiful wives that also like beautiful women also.) If weather is nice which it always has been we hold outside so smokers are not having to miss picks by going outside to smoke. Have a keg on tap and a spread of food for the break between the eigth and ninth rounds. Also then when the draft is over food, drink and a lot of analyzing of the draft board afterwards. Then start the party with horseshoes, music and just your basic debauchery. Reason being it is fantasy football and the NFL starts the following week. Been doing it this way for ten years. We make draft day into a whole weekend affair. Draft midday Saturday and just party the rest of the weekend.

Can I join your league? Or at a very minimum send my wife over for "training"?

My minister is in two of my leagues. We are having one draft at the church :D
I've thought about having it at my church too. The last two years we had it at someone's house (that wasn't big enough) and at a bar (overpriced drinks/food). Both worked but neither were great. While at the church we can't do the alcohol (although we might be able to arrange a few rounds of communion), most of us aren't real drinkers anyways. Plus we'd have more then enough room to spread out and for the food. The biggest thing is probably the gambling aspect that most people probably would frown on in a church setting.

The owner of the bar we hold ours at is in the league and most of the members are bartenders there. Food and drinks are on the house. Cant beat it for 4 hours of fun!

exactly...we take about 6 hours for our draft.....

but we are finally bringing back a double-digit number of owners this year

so maybe things will run a little quicker..