[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have been following this

cliaz

My heart goes out to the family. I've been in the NICUs and seen babies that were 1.5 lbs. You hope and pray and pull for the little guys but some times it isn't meant to be.

G*d bless this family.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/parenting/0...s.ap/index.html

Third Minnesota sextuplet dies; others in critical condition

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- Half of the sextuplets born prematurely to a Minnesota couple have now died, while the others remained in critical condition, hospital officials said Saturday.

A third boy, Lincoln Sean Morrison, died Friday. Two of his brothers, Tryg and Bennet, died earlier in the week.

The four boys and two girls were born last Sunday about 4½ months early at a Minneapolis hospital. Doctors had advised the couple to selectively reduce the number of viable fetuses to two, but they declined.

Parents Ryan and Brianna Morrison released a statement saying it has been "a difficult week" for them, and they thanked everyone for their prayers and support.

"We continue to trust in the Lord and are hopeful for a good outcome for Cadence, Lucia and Sylas," the statement said.

Hospital officials said no further information would be released.

You should have been in the nicu with us. One newborn had lung cancer, another got her own feces into her lungs during birth and has to stay on methadone to keep from screaming 24/7. One has been in there for a year with a fatal connective disorder and another was born with a bad heart and her spine is fused.

These were just the ones in the pods next to us.

You should have been in the nicu with us. One newborn had lung cancer, another got her own feces into her lungs during birth and has to stay on methadone to keep from screaming 24/7. One has been in there for a year with a fatal connective disorder and another was born with a bad heart and her spine is fused.

:D Dayum.

I don't doubt you at all, but I'm really surprised they told you all this. When our first was in nicu there were a lot of babies there that you could really tell that they had little chance of making it. However, they were strictly not allowed to discuss any of the other patients conditions.

Honestly that has to be emotionally one of the hardest places to work. It is truly sad to see some of the babies in there. Mine was 4lbs 12ozs at her smallest & she actually looked hugh compared to some of the ones in there. :D

If I'm not mistaken, most of the people that have more than triplets are the results of fertility drugs. You have to ask if the risks outweigh the benefits.

I don't doubt you at all, but I'm really surprised they told you all this. When our first was in nicu there were a lot of babies there that you could really tell that they had little chance of making it. However, they were strictly not allowed to discuss any of the other patients conditions.

Honestly that has to be emotionally one of the hardest places to work. It is truly sad to see some of the babies in there. Mine was 4lbs 12ozs at her smallest & she actually looked hugh compared to some of the ones in there. :D

We were told this by the parents. The staff told us nothing. We built some weird relationships in there.

We were told this by the parents. The staff told us nothing. We built some weird relationships in there.

+1

We actually met a couple that had twin boys 3 weeks before Elise was born, they turned out to be friends of friends of ours and we have stayed in touch with them. We also met another couple that lives in the same area we do, about 30 miles from the hospital, and became close friends with them as well. We go to the NICU picnic every Sept as well, very good to see how the babies have turned out.

Edited by T_bone65

Believe me I know what you are talking about. Even though our stay was only 2 weeks we saw and heard things that most people [thanks goodness] will never see or hear.

We built some weird relationships in there.

Yes you do. Very weird.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the people that have more than triplets are the results of fertility drugs. You have to ask if the risks outweigh the benefits.

That was the cause of the multiples in this situation. The couple is very religious and refused to have any of the babies aborted, despite the advice of doctors to do so in order to increase the viability of any remaining babies. They said they wished to leave it in God's hands.

Sadly, they have taken a bit of a beating by some members of the press and have been absolutely flamed on some message boards.

Edited by General Itals