[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper

Endzone

We get to keep 2 players for 3 seasons. Had S.Jax for 2 years and this would be my 3rd year if I kept him. The guy with LT has to give him up and LT will be available in the draft

I will get the 1st pick and will release S. Jax and could pick him back up for another 3 years or take LT. If L.T. could duplicate his stats from last year it would be a no brainer but something tells me that he won't and over the course of the next 4 years, S. Jax is going to be the next FF no.1 RB.

Anyone agree or disagrees.

Do you have the first pick regardless of your decision to protect SJax?

I mean, does protecting him cost you that first round pick, thus the idea of dropping him to reacquire him for 3 years. If it is no cost to keep, and you choose to release him to reacquire for 3 years, who would you keep in his place?

If you have an opportunity to pick up LT for 3 years (probably the remainder of his career), and the cost is 1 year of Jackson service, the answer is yes - hell yes, you do it.

The only way I don't make that trade out is if I have a 2nd keeper that is a top 5-8 FF player and I'm making my run at the championship right now.

Okay, that's the clarification I wanted. You can keep up to two players, but the cost is a first round pick for the first player kept, and a second round pick for the second player kept.

Do you do serpentine or NFL style? Question is leading to is your second round pick the first or last pick of the 2nd. I'd guess last based on the limited number of keepers. That said, do you have a second keeper that would be better than what you could get if you had the pick, and would be worth keeping at the cost of 2 years off of SJax?

Are you allowed to trade players/picks before declaring keepers? If so, can you trade SJax to an owner that wants to keep him and still draft LT? Would you possibly be able to work a trade where you drop from the #1 pick to whatever spot you feel will in actuality be the #2 pick (some risk here if you are off in your guess), so that you could pick up something in the trade and still get one of those 2 RBs?

Okay, that's the clarification I wanted. You can keep up to two players, but the cost is a first round pick for the first player kept, and a second round pick for the second player kept.

Do you do serpentine or NFL style? Question is leading to is your second round pick the first or last pick of the 2nd. I'd guess last based on the limited number of keepers. That said, do you have a second keeper that would be better than what you could get if you had the pick, and would be worth keeping at the cost of 2 years off of SJax?

Are you allowed to trade players/picks before declaring keepers? If so, can you trade SJax to an owner that wants to keep him and still draft LT? Would you possibly be able to work a trade where you drop from the #1 pick to whatever spot you feel will in actuality be the #2 pick (some risk here if you are off in your guess), so that you could pick up something in the trade and still get one of those 2 RBs?

That's genius right there - trade Jackson to someone who will give up a very good pick for him, then grab LT with 1.01.

We do serpentine so I will have 1.10 and 2.10. If I keep Jax in round 1 LT will not be there in round 2. We cannot trade players once the season is over. I can pick my position so if LT is someone I really wanted I'd say I would have to go for 1.1 position. If I could live with either Jax or LT I would pick 2nd position so that in the round 2 I wouldn't get the last spot of the round.

My 2nd keeper could be (Benson, Wayne, Jacobs, TO, D.Williams) I have Edge but he's been with me for 3 years and will be back in FA and wouldn't pick him up as a 2nd rounder. The ones mentioned could be had in the 2nd round if I really wanted them but I'm hoping to grab 2 top tier RBs in rounds 1 & 2 one of which will be LT or Jax.

The bottom line is in your opinion who will be the better FF RB over the next 3 seasons...LT or S.Jax?

How do you realistically expect to get a top tier RB in the second round? All will either be kept, or, if not kept I doubt there are enough teams with keepers good enough to warrant protecting a player over drafting an elite RB.

I personally take the 1.2, grab whichever of LT or SJax is not taken at 1.1 and enjoy having at least the 2nd round pick one pick earlier than needed. None of your other potential keepers make it worth protecting SJax for the last remaining year and one of them (though, with Benson it may be close). And it is a close call between LT and SJax, but if for some reason whomever ends up in the 1.1 slot uses it to protect a player, or doesnt take one of those two, I take LT, especially if it is a PPR league.

How do you realistically expect to get a top tier RB in the second round? All will either be kept, or, if not kept I doubt there are enough teams with keepers good enough to warrant protecting a player over drafting an elite RB.

I personally take the 1.2, grab whichever of LT or SJax is not taken at 1.1 and enjoy having at least the 2nd round pick one pick earlier than needed. None of your other potential keepers make it worth protecting SJax for the last remaining year and one of them (though, with Benson it may be close). And it is a close call between LT and SJax, but if for some reason whomever ends up in the 1.1 slot uses it to protect a player, or doesnt take one of those two, I take LT, especially if it is a PPR league.

Thanks for your input and I will probably take the 1.2 and be satisfied with Jax assuming LT would go at 1.1. I will probably not end up with 2 elite RBs unless someone keeps ie Peyton, Chad Johnson etc. but there were teams where an owner at the end of the season ended up with 3-4 tier 1 and 2 RBs and must now dump 2 of them back in FA. You never know until draft day.

My gut feeling is that S. Jax will have better stats than LJ from this point on.