[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tank Johnson cut from Chicago Bears

Goopster24

And in all honesty, I was pretty happy with Tillman's production last year. He had more passes defended than Vasher and more interceptions. I remember being at the Carolina playoff game two years ago when he got burned by Steve Smith. He was hurt bad that year and he had surgery and he came back from it in great ways. He is going to be a mainstay on this defense for the next several years. These two guys in Tillman and Vasher are solid one-on-one defenders and that's what this Bears team needs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about? Tillman lined up against the number one wide outs all season basically. We found out that Ricky Manning is no more than a slot coverer. Tillman was the No. 1 corner and he will continue for the short time. I agree Vasher is and will be ten times the player.

I'm almost positive Tillman played nickel at points last year. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that happened at points last season.

In the end, Tillman is fine but if I had to pick one it's Vasher without hesitation. Tillman is the Dave Kingman of cornerbacks: can provide the home run play, but strikes out way too much.

I was actually surprised that Tillman/Vasher have more INTs over the past 2 seasons than any other CB duo.

Police Will Not Charge DT Johnson

Associated Press, ESPN -

Former Chicago Bears DT Tank Johnson will not be formally charged after his June 22 Arizona arrest on the suspicion of drunk driving. Johnson's blood-work revealed that he was under the state limit of 0.8 percent, having a blood alcohol level of 0.72. Johnson was released by the Bears three days after his arrest.

Police Will Not Charge DT Johnson

Associated Press, ESPN -

Former Chicago Bears DT Tank Johnson will not be formally charged after his June 22 Arizona arrest on the suspicion of drunk driving. Johnson's blood-work revealed that he was under the state limit of 0.8 percent, having a blood alcohol level of 0.72. Johnson was released by the Bears three days after his arrest.

Bears gave him a "NO TOLERANCE" policy. He skated under the wire legally, but why is he out at 3:30am alone and close to drunk w/ 2 kids at home?? :D

Jeebus, the guy makes a gazillion dollars a year and can't afford a limo or cab??? He's an idiot

His talents will be missed, but not his personal problems.

Bears gave him a "NO TOLERANCE" policy. He skated under the wire legally, but why is he out at 3:30am alone and close to drunk w/ 2 kids at home?? :D

Jeebus, the guy makes a gazillion dollars a year and can't afford a limo or cab??? He's an idiot

His talents will be missed, but not his personal problems.

Yes of course. I wasn't justifying it just because he was slightly under the legal limit. He said he wouldn't drink but did. I don't know if he's an idiot or has big problems. Either way he needs to do something about them.

How do you suggest he does something about being an idiot?

Turn back the hands of time and allow for a family who values education!?!?Never said I could spell!

Edited by tbimm

Yes of course. I wasn't justifying it just because he was slightly under the legal limit. He said he wouldn't drink but did. I don't know if he's an idiot or has big problems. Either way he needs to do something about them.

I understand totally, my friend! I have to say he's an idiot WITH big problems! It is such a shame to waste a talent that he has. :D

He's just another uber catered athlete that doesn't understand.

How do you suggest he does something about being an idiot?

Can't happen without a "Way Back" machine. It's truly a shame.

I'm almost positive Tillman played nickel at points last year. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that happened at points last season.

In the end, Tillman is fine but if I had to pick one it's Vasher without hesitation. Tillman is the Dave Kingman of cornerbacks: can provide the home run play, but strikes out way too much.

I was actually surprised that Tillman/Vasher have more INTs over the past 2 seasons than any other CB duo.

It's not uncommon for the #1 cornerback to slide to the nickel, especially on third downs, in the Cover 2 D. The Colts did that quite a bit. Harper would play the guy in the slot, while Marlin Jackson took the WR on the outside. On third down, some teams slide their #1 WR's into the slot, and the outside WR is the "easier" assignment.