[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

idp advice

tonorator

i'm new to idp. taking over a dynasty team and need to trim one of these guys:

richard seymour

michael strahan

chad greenway

i'm ok at LB, so i could let greenway go, but he's only 24 and looks intriguing.

i'm only 2 deep at DL, so keeping strahan or seymour would probably give me the depth i need. strahan is an old fart, but very good. seymour looks solid.

thoughts?

Wow. Seymour is going to have stats that several WW DEs should have. Strahan is aging but he's still better than Seymour by a wide margin. Greenway is intriguing, I agree, and he'd be hard to let go even with depth issues at DL.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Wow. Seymour is going to have stats that several WW DEs should have. Strahan is aging but he's still better than Seymour by a wide margin. Greenway is intriguing, I agree, and he'd be hard to let go even with depth issues at DL.

so who would you ax?

other DL include kelly gregg and tamba hali.

other LB include demeco ryans, andra davis, mike peterson.

:D

so who would you ax?

Not sure of the reason that you need to let a guy go but if you have to let one walk I would say Seymour. If you have to let a LB go I would lean in the direction of Greenway but I think I'd hold on to each of them. Peterson is going to have a BIG year. Ryans is a stud and is a tackling machine and Davis is solid.

Not sure of the reason that you need to let a guy go but if you have to let one walk I would say Seymour. If you have to let a LB go I would lean in the direction of Greenway but I think I'd hold on to each of them. Peterson is going to have a BIG year. Ryans is a stud and is a tackling machine and Davis is solid.

we have a set number of players to get down to before our rookie/free agent draft. my offense is pathetic and i need to hold on to what i have there, so it comes down to trimming on the defense side.

so who would you ax?

I'd cut Seymour, unless you get a lot more scoring from sacks than you do from tackles. Gregg & Seymour ought to score very similarly, but Gregg will get the bulk of his points from tackles whereas Seymour will get them from sacks. Personally I'd rather have the consistancy from getting the tackle points than the roller coaster of the sack points.

Either way, neither of these guys ought to be anything more than depth for you. There have to be some guys on the WW who have greater potential than either of them.

Either way, neither of these guys ought to be anything more than depth for you. There have to be some guys on the WW who have greater potential than either of them.

agreed. this is just to get down to the limit of 24 players before our rookie/free agent draft.

I'd cut Seymour, unless you get a lot more scoring from sacks than you do from tackles. Gregg & Seymour ought to score very similarly, but Gregg will get the bulk of his points from tackles whereas Seymour will get them from sacks. Personally I'd rather have the consistancy from getting the tackle points than the roller coaster of the sack points.

good advice here