[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drive in movies

Clubfoothead

Got to tell you I had the best time.

I'm 35 and had never been to one before. It was awesome. Saw Ratatouille and Pirates of the Carribbean World's End. To my dismay it was cheaper than going to a regular movie. I do see the drawbacks of it being 90 degrees at 10:00 PM but it was actually cool last night with thunderstorms to the north which was the way we were facing so Pirates had a background of lightning. Pretty amazing but a late night. Didn't get back to Dallas until about 3:00 am but well worth it. Pirates was too long to be the second movie in a double header and I hadn't seen the first two but it was pretty good. Ratatouille was good too, and the 3-D effect was exceptional IMHO.

They had the new Die Hard so thinking of going back in a week or two depending on the weather getting back to normal in which case, probably won't go back until the fall.

Anybody else like the drive in? I got the impression they are dying out but it was packed and I certainly want to go again so I'm not sure I get that.