[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early keeper thoughts...

Std performance, no points for recs/completions, -2 for all turnovers, 6 pts for pass TDs...

May keep only one player from any position... listed is player and 2007 draft pick the player will cost. To keep the player in 2008, it will cost a draft pick 2 rounds higher than this year.

DeAngelo Williams... 5th.

Kitna... 8th.

Lav Coles... 9th.

Vernon Davis... 9th.

EDIT: Cutler... 13th.

DeAngelo... RBBC concerns, new offense, OL injury concerns.

Kitna... turnovers, still a miserable Lions team, unclear RB situation, could give way to backup if Lions struggle or injury (Kitna hasn't missed many games due to injury but he took a TON of sacks last year).

Lav Coles... not old but will be 30 in December, nagging injury all of 2006, decent numbers for a NE style offense but Pennington is always an injury concern.

Vernon Davis... injury concern, not a pass friendly offense.

Edited by kingfish247

DeAngelo Williams... 5th -------> 3rd.

Kitna... 8th.-----------> 6th

Lav Coles... 9th.--------------> 7th

Vernon Davis... 9th. -----------> 7th

I don't see the good value in any of those options. I'd say D Williams is probably a little high but the best option of the bunch. Do you have to keep a player, or can you toss them all back?

Edited by Bronco Billy

DeAngelo Williams... 2007 5th -------> 2008 3rd.

Kitna... 2007 8th.-----------> 2008 6th

Lav Coles... 2007 9th.--------------> 2008 7th

Vernon Davis... 2007 9th. -----------> 2008 7th

I don't see the good value in any of those options. I'd say D Williams is probably a little high but the best option of the bunch. Do you have to keep a player, or can you toss them all back?

FIXED^... DeAngelo would cost me a 5th round THIS year, a 3rd round next year. Kitna, an 8th rounder this year etc.

And I agree, I don't see any good/great value in any of the options either.

I can toss them all back if necessary. I neglected to include the option of keeping Cutler for a 13th rounder this year.

It's a 15 player roster so 15 rounds... QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-K-D/ST, 7 bench spots.

Pass TDs get 6 points which places a higher value on QBs. Most of the top tier QBs are long gone by the 5th round (Bulger went in the 4th round last year).

I've been kicking around the idea of keeping either Kitna or Cutler as there isn't great value in my RB/WR/TE keeper options. Cutler for a 13th rounder might be my best option as a #2 QB with nice potential.

Edited by kingfish247

Deangelo, Coles and Cutler are not bad values for their cost for this year. I doubt I'd keep Cutler as you can easily redraft him or a similar QB in the same area of the draft, so no point limiting your options. But, Deangelo and Coles at the cost of your 5th and 9th roundr are not that bad of options. I think that is the route I would go (what spot do you pick out of?)

DeAngelo would cost me a 5th round THIS year, a 3rd round next year. Kitna, an 8th rounder this year etc.

And I agree, I don't see any good/great value in any of the options either.

Ahhhhhh - I understand. I'd swap out a 5th rounder for D Williams. That's good value and you'll get a good look this year if CAR is serious about giving him a large load at RB.

Ahhhhhh - I understand. I'd swap out a 5th rounder for D Williams. That's good value and you'll get a good look this year if CAR is serious about giving him a large load at RB.

True, but if I do this I'll definitely be forced to take a true RB2 due to that uncertainty after round 1 which would cause me to miss out on a top tier WR OR top QB...

Draft would probably look like this... 1-RB, 2-RB, 3-Top QB OR 2nd Tier WR, 4-2nd Tier QB OR 2nd Tier WR, 5-DeAngelo.

Since it's a 1 player keeper league about half of the 12 teams have RBs that would probably go in the top 24 this year so all the player values are bumped up about a half round.

If the guy currently holding MJD AND Travis Henry would just work with me on a trade (I'm offering picks in return), I wouldn't have to make this decision. Since it's only a 1 player keeper league, he can't keep both and either would cost a 13th round pick (plus whatever I sent him via trade).

Edited by kingfish247

Misread original post, and thought you could keep no more than one player per position, not just one overall. I use the 5th on Deangelo. When do you have to decide, as this is easy if it appears he is the clear cut #1 guy in Carolina.

Can you start 3 RBs?

If you protect Coles instead, how will that affect your draft strategy? I dare say it would not change it much at all as most owners would look to fill that 3rd RB spot in the 5th/6th round, so you would be gambling on finding a better RB than WIlliams in that 5th/6th round, a pretty big risk unless you are in a fairly small league.

Misread original post, and thought you could keep no more than one player per position, not just one overall. I use the 5th on Deangelo. When do you have to decide, as this is easy if it appears he is the clear cut #1 guy in Carolina.

Can you start 3 RBs?

If you protect Coles instead, how will that affect your draft strategy? I dare say it would not change it much at all as most owners would look to fill that 3rd RB spot in the 5th/6th round, so you would be gambling on finding a better RB than WIlliams in that 5th/6th round, a pretty big risk unless you are in a fairly small league.

I have until 1st/2nd week of preseason to decide. Fox just always seems to do funny things with his RBs... even if DeAngelo gains the lion's share of carries he might lose out short yardage to Goings/Shelton. Even last year, it was clear to any impartial observer that the offense functioned better with DeAngelo but he kept going back to Deshaun.

The way I figure it is I could protect any of the above and still might have Deangelo fall to me in the 5th. Especially if throughout training camp and preseason it appears Deshaun is still in the picture. He might be worth a 3rd rounder in '08, he probably will never live up to the 1st rounder he would cost me in '09.

Edited by kingfish247