[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Good Poker Hand

Menudo

Nothing to feel sick about. You played the hand about as well as possible. Did you raise preflop? Three handed A9 in the small blind is a definite raising hand.

On that flop, there is no way you don't get your money all-in with your opponrnt raising like that, and you got it in as a hugh favorite. Can't ask for more except for the luck of the cards to not spit in your face.

Did you get to rebuy after this hand ??

By the by, just so you can put this in perspective(and because I'm a huge nerd):

Odds of being dealt a pocket pair: 5.9% or 16-1

Odds of flopping four of a kind when holding a pocket pair: .245% or 407-1

Therefore, odds of being dealt a pocket pair and flopping four of a kind: .0145% or 6896-1

Odds of being dealt a pocket pair and flopping four of a kind in two specific hands: .0000021% or 47,619,047-1

Assuming a 150 hand night (~2.5 to 3 hours online because I don't know how long you played for), you were in the neighborhood of 317,459-1 to flop quads with a pair in the hole twice.

Odds of winning Powerball (the big lottery around here): 146,107,962-1. Over 146 million to one.

You are therefore 460 times more likely to flop quads with a wired pair twice in an evening of play than you are to win the lottery.

Edited by LosGatosEnFuegos

By the by, just so you can put this in perspective(and because I'm a huge nerd):

Therefore, odds of being dealt a pocket pair and flopping four of a kind: .0145% or 6896-1

Odds of being dealt a pocket pair and flopping four of a kind in two specific hands: .0000021% or 47,619,047-1

Assuming a 150 hand night (~2.5 to 3 hours online because I don't know how long you played for), you were in the neighborhood of 317,459-1 to flop quads with a pair in the hole twice.

Odds of winning Powerball (the big lottery around here): 146,107,962-1. Over 146 million to one.

You are therefore 460 times more likely to flop quads with a wired pair twice in an evening of play than you are to win the lottery.

That was impressive. :D

I'd still rather win the lottery......

Saw an interesting hand playing H/L stud last night:

4 people stayed in the hand and I don't think there was a low hand. I do remember one opponent did have an A high flush but can't remember the others. I was out of the hand and didn't get interested until the 6th card flipped and we still had 3 in the hand.:

Eventual winner shows:

x1, x2, Kd, As, 10s, Qs, x3

Winner got the guy with the Ahigh flush all in.

Winner's hole cards ended up being:

x1=Kh

x2=Ks

x3=Js

So his initial 3 are trip Kings and he didn't take it there. Let's someone get a flush (2 of the cards were in the hole) but stays in betting his trip kings and then hits a Royal.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg