[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm Finally Out Of the Dark Ages....

jaxfactor

I finally did it! The old dialup was just pissing me off to no end. I got DSL and am somewhat loving it. The problem is my PC is a 1999 model so it's so outdated it's truly pathetic. I did have a buddy of mine , who's the dean of a computer technical school, install more memory and XP Pro but it's still so outdated. Do ya want a good laugh? My hard drive is a whopping 10 gigs. No misprint. 10. That's all. My memory, which was originally 64 megs is now a whopping 192 which is still slow as dirt. I was ready to purchase a new system but the freekin' wood bores in my back yard would have none of that. I have to get rid of my last pine which will cost me another 700-800 bills. I was almost ready for my out of debt party untill the problems on the home front. :D I refuse to use credit to buy my next system. Hopefully I'll have a new machine by the end of the year.

In the meantime, I can now join some of yous guys playing poker as I have the Moneymaker software. Now I don't have to worry about getting bumped offline in the middle of a hand. I've watched plenty of Hold Em but never played with real $. Would love to join y'all just to see how bad I am. But ya never know, I could surprise. GOODBYE FOREVER DIALUP! :D

I finally did it! The old dialup was just pissing me off to no end. I got DSL and am somewhat loving it. The problem is my PC is a 1999 model so it's so outdated it's truly pathetic. I did have a buddy of mine , who's the dean of a computer technical school, install more memory and XP Pro but it's still so outdated. Do ya want a good laugh? My hard drive is a whopping 10 gigs. No misprint. 10. That's all. My memory, which was originally 64 megs is now a whopping 192 which is still slow as dirt. I was ready to purchase a new system but the freekin' wood bores in my back yard would have none of that. I have to get rid of my last pine which will cost me another 700-800 bills. I was almost ready for my out of debt party untill the problems on the home front. :D I refuse to use credit to buy my next system. Hopefully I'll have a new machine by the end of the year.

In the meantime, I can now join some of yous guys playing poker as I have the Moneymaker software. Now I don't have to worry about getting bumped offline in the middle of a hand. I've watched plenty of Hold Em but never played with real $. Would love to join y'all just to see how bad I am. But ya never know, I could surprise. GOODBYE FOREVER DIALUP! :D

My first PC didn't have a hard drive. I booted it from floppy, then loaded whatever I needed from another floppy. I managed to cut Wordstar down to fit on a floppy so it would load and I could use it. The PC had 640K of RAM. That's K, not M. Worked great. I put a 32 MB hard drive in an expansion slot eventually but it was an RLL drive so I kept having to low level format the bastard thing.

Then I got a 386SX.

My first PC didn't have a hard drive. I booted it from floppy, then loaded whatever I needed from another floppy. I managed to cut Wordstar down to fit on a floppy so it would load and I could use it. The PC had 640K of RAM. That's K, not M. Worked great. I put a 32 MB hard drive in an expansion slot eventually but it was an RLL drive so I kept having to low level format the bastard thing.

Then I got a 386SX.

Wow! I thought I had it bad. This is my first PC and I have to admit, it's done me well. Other than being a little slow and not much storage space(I use thumb drives to store my photos now), it has been a champ. Never had a problem. It is an HP so I'm leaning on buying another HP.

Man, this DSL is soooo much quicker.

In the meantime, I can now join some of yous guys playing poker as I have the Moneymaker software. Now I don't have to worry about getting bumped offline in the middle of a hand. I've watched plenty of Hold Em but never played with real $. Would love to join y'all just to see how bad I am. But ya never know, I could surprise. GOODBYE FOREVER DIALUP! :tup:

a few weeks ago i deleted OVER 30 GIG in TEMP FILES from my PC :D