[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New PPR Dynasty League - Trade WR for Indy Rookie?

merc

I just inherited a new Dynasty team from a guy who's made most of the draft picks. I just picked up in round 10 and 11, a couple of WRs. In the meantime, the rookie draft has also started in this league, and I have the last 12th pick in the first round.

I was offered the 4th pick (A. Gonzalez) for one of my WRs plus my 1.12 rookie pick.

I am thinking about counter-offering one of my current roster WRs for his pick.

If I do this, which WR should I offer which might have a chance of being accepted and who is worth trading for Indy's new slot WR?

Thanks for the help!

Oops, here is my current roster(draft still in progress)

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - LaDanian Tomlinson

RB - Jamal Lewis

WR - Torry Holt

WR - Plaxico Burress

WR - Vincent Jackson

TE - Tony Gonzalez

WR/RB - Chester Taylor

WR/TE - Matt Jones

K

DL - Antonio Pierce

DL/DB - Lofa Tatupu

DB -

WR - Jerry Porter

WR - Brandon Jones

If I were you I'd be a lot more worried about my #2 RB than I would be fiddling with WRs who will most likely never see the field for you this coming season and perhaps for another 2-3 seasons. I do like Gonzalez, but why in the world would anyone use the 1.04 to take him? His owner overvalued him and seems to be trying to recoup some of the value he pissed away. Offer up his choice of either Jones or Porter for Gonzalez and don't go beyond that.

I personally dislike Plax........ but if I could offer him for the rookie 1.04 while keeping the 1.12 pick.... am I NUTs to do so?

Yes. Again, Gonzalez isn't worth the rookie 1.04. Stop going back to that as establishing his value. And Plax for Gonzalez straight up is a very bad deal for you.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Yes. Again, Gonzalez isn't worth the rookie 1.04. Stop going back to that as establishing his value. And Plax for Gonzalez straight up is a very bad deal for you.

Agreed.

I've not seen Gonzalrez going before the 10-12 spot in rookie drafts in most leagues, so the 4 was definitely way too high for him.

Plax is a very decent WR option. If you don't like him, look to deal him, but you can get a heck of a lot more than Gonzalez for him. Barring injury, Gonzalez probably won't be worth a starting fantasy spot this season, Plax would be a starter in almost all fantasy leagues out there.

I'd refocus your efforts on solidifying your #2 RB spot.. Lewis and Taylor are way too questionable to be comfortable options. Maybe look to package Burress with one of them for a more legit #2 RB.

Agreed.

I've not seen Gonzalrez going before the 10-12 spot in rookie drafts in most leagues, so the 4 was definitely way too high for him.

Plax is a very decent WR option. If you don't like him, look to deal him, but you can get a heck of a lot more than Gonzalez for him. Barring injury, Gonzalez probably won't be worth a starting fantasy spot this season, Plax would be a starter in almost all fantasy leagues out there.

I'd refocus your efforts on solidifying your #2 RB spot.. Lewis and Taylor are way too questionable to be comfortable options. Maybe look to package Burress with one of them for a more legit #2 RB.

Thanks for the help.

As I mentioned, I inherited this team and have to deal with what I have rather than what I wanted.

I refused the deal on th rookie WR and I guess we'll see what happens?

Thanks again.

Edited by merc

Thanks for the help.

As I mentioned, I inherited this team and have to deal with what I have rather than what I wanted.

I refused the deal on th rookie WR and I guess we'll see what happens?

Thanks again.

Hehe... guess I'll have to suffer through it... :D