[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iTunes

darin3

Looking to add some Tool to my digital music collection and I'm using iTunes these days. I can't, for the life of me, find any.... Do some bands/labels/etc. pull themselves off iTunes, etc. or is my iTunes program buggy or something?

:D

Looking to add some Tool to my digital music collection and I'm using iTunes these days. I can't, for the life of me, find any.... Do some bands/labels/etc. pull themselves off iTunes, etc. or is my iTunes program buggy or something?

:D

Not all are available. I couldn't find them either.

Tool consider themselves artistes and therefore, their music should be listened to as a whole, not in song bytes. So they would like you to purchase their albums as that's the way they were intended to be listened to. Not to mention that when you buy a CD, you replay or burn the songs you like anyways...

Beatles aren't there but for another reason. But you should have their CDs anyways :D

Lots of tunes by people that are on there, aren't or only available via "album only" purchases, which sucks.

Actually there are a ton of bands not on iTunes. Not only that there are a lot of bands that have only limited songs on iTunes as well. Many older bands only offer "best of's" and "greatest hits" type things. A perfect example is Bad Co. I have a couple of their CD's in my collection but my favorite song "Good Lovin Gone Bad" I do not have, iTunes has some Bad Co. releases but not all and of course they do not have the one with that song on it. Last year I was lookin g for a few Evenesence songs but they didn't have them at all. Now they do.

From what I hear, they try to secure rights from record labels and artists on a case by case basis. You can e-mail iTunes and suggest music, especially older more obscure stuff and if they get enough suggestions, they will add it to their library.

I'm actually really surprised by the lack of depth they have for certain bands. When I was putting my 80s mix together for my HS reunion, I had to go to limewire to get a lot of songs that I assumed itunes would have.

I have a couple of their CD's in my collection but my favorite song "Good Lovin Gone Bad" I do not have, iTunes has some Bad Co. releases but not all and of course they do not have the one with that song on it. Last year I was lookin g for a few Evenesence songs but they didn't have them at all. Now they do.

i did a quick check for you and while indeed the bad co. is not available, you can still pick up "good golfin' gone bad" by the parody brothers.

"why can't they swing it baby ..."

I believe Tool is also very into their album art, the booklets, etc. They'd have some of my money if they put their music online, but I'm not buying one of their CDs anytime soon.

why?

I'm actually really surprised by the lack of depth they have for certain bands.

I like a lot of more obscure stuff. I took one look at I-Tunes and have never bothered looking again. Far better off going to Amazon and using their New and Used facility.

I like a lot of more obscure stuff. I took one look at I-Tunes and have never bothered looking again. Far better off going to Amazon and using their New and Used facility.

doesn't help us, those of the microwave society, where "I want it now" rules...