[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick one

housecall

I am in a 12 Team keeper league. All players are good for 3 more seasons.

My keepers are Vince Young, Edgerrin James, Jones-Drew and DeAngelo Williams. I will be picking 2nd in the draft. The two best players on the board will most likely be Tom Brady and Deuce McAllister. I have to start 2 RB with a flex position allowing me to start a 3rd RB if i choose.

It is a 12 team, PPR, keeper league.

Who would you take out of those two players... or would you go in another direction. Your thoughts.

Just an aside, I dumped my whole team/season last year in the hopes to rebuild with draft picks and young players this year. I have four (4) first round picks and 6 picks in the following three rounds; 10 picks by round 4; so I will be able to draft my entire team by round 4.

Edited by housecall

In a ppr league, I'd be looking at starting a WR in the flex position. I don't quite understand the logic of selecting a bench player (if you takle Brady, it will kick Young to your bench) when you wouldn't have a starting WR on your roster.

Billy: I have four picks in the first round... Young is not a good choice as my number 1 QB so I want to kick him to the bench and hold on to him for when he improves. I will be able to draft quality WR's and a good TE with my other picks.

Billy: I have four picks in the first round... Young is not a good choice as my number 1 QB so I want to kick him to the bench and hold on to him for when he improves. I will be able to draft quality WR's and a good TE with my other picks.

Again - you are burning a keeper spot to protect a player who you do not consider a worthy starter at his position. In a 4 player keeper league, i don't quite understand how you justify that.

Unless you expect Young to be the next Manning/Favre type player (and I like Young a lot as a player), that isn't justifiable. Even if you do expect that kind of success, it's hard to justify. If you're that high on Young, you shouldn't be considering drafting Brady.

With all those picks in the early rounds i would think you could get Young back in the draft. Vince rarely goes as early as the 5th rd. What other options do you have for keepers??? Surely you have a wr worthy of consideration.

My keepers are Vince Young, Edgerrin James, Jones-Drew and DeAngelo Williams. I will be picking 2nd in the draft. The two best players on the board will most likely be Tom Brady and Deuce McAllister. I have to start 2 RB with a flex position allowing me to start a 3rd RB if i choose.

Who would you take out of those two players... or would you go in another direction. Your thoughts.

Just an aside, I dumped my whole team/season last year in the hopes to rebuild with draft picks and young players this year. I have four (4) first round picks and 6 picks in the following three rounds; 10 picks by round 4; so I will be able to draft my entire team by round 4.

You are starting with the 49th best player. There is no reason to take a RB when you need a WR. I would take Calvin Johnson as he would be the best player available based on your needs. I am assuming there will be the top tier WR's kept. Maybe you can list the best WR'

You are starting with the 49th best player. There is no reason to take a RB when you need a WR. I would take Calvin Johnson as he would be the best player available based on your needs. I am assuming there will be the top tier WR's kept. Maybe you can list the best WR's available.

Edited by Men In Tights