[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Updating the MFL Huddle skin

smithkt

For those of you who use MFL for their league hosting, you may recall that I created a skin last year to capture the look and feel of the Huddle message board. I was contacted by Kevin from MFL and asked if I would create another to match the new look. With DMD's permission, I have done so and could use some extra eyes. If anyone is so inclined, please take a look at the demo page I put together. I'm looking for feedback on the overall look. Does it capture the look of the board well?. I'm also looking for feedback on display issues, such as links that are the wrong color or anything else. You can log in to any franchise except Franchise 1 using the password "huddle" (without the quotation marks)

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/77795

I'm looking forward to your comments, good or bad. Once I am satisfied it's working properly, I'll submit it to MFL and they will make it available to everyone.

nice work

i have a 32" high resolution monitor with dual 8800 gtx graphics cards and what i see is:

The main background color on your template is a shade darker then the huddles

The dark brownish-black topic header are dead on

the banner that reads unsportsmanlike conduct needs to add a touch of a grey tint to it to match the huddle banner

and what stands out the most to me are the tabs are colored incorrectly , should be dark like the topic header with light text and yours are the opposite.

You wanted an opinon and there is mine. With a few tweaks it'll be identical.

Edited by theeohiostate

nice work

i have a 32" high resolution monitor with dual 8800 gtx graphics cards and what i see is:

The main background color on your template is a shade darker then the huddles

Good catch. I must have picked out the wrong color code from the CSS file for this board. This is fixed.

The dark brownish-black topic header are dead on

the banner that reads unsportsmanlike conduct needs to add a touch of a grey tint to it to match the huddle banner

The banner image was taken directly from this board. The image is designed to position itself on the right side of the screen and fade to white as you move over to the left. The source image is only 990 pixels wide, so you will see more white on the left as your screen resolution gets higher. Keep in mind that the message board is set to a fixed with, while the league site will stretch to fill your screen. If you set your resolution down to 1024 x 768 you will see less white space and the image will look more like the message board. There is nothing I can really do about this.

and what stands out the most to me are the tabs are colored incorrectly , should be dark like the topic header with light text and yours are the opposite.

You wanted an opinon and there is mine. With a few tweaks it'll be identical.

OK. I changed the active tab color to match the color pair used in the module headers. I did not change the others as I want the active tab to stand out from the others. Thoughts?

I'm assuming you wrote the css for this template?

if so, the 48 members of the Huddle Ladder would absolutely LOVE it, if you'd hook us up !

Yes I wrote the CSS, but this is not a template. This is just a skin. Skins are nothing more than custom CSS files. The templates are a totally different animal. Templates are a combination of custom HTML along with CSS. I'd have to take look at the CSS that is included with the template you are using to see if I could override it.

colors are dead on now. Looks great !

I guess the Huddle banner has some shading and that's what im seeing. Your banner appears to be the lighter color that is not shaded in the huddles banner.

Tabs look better now as well.

The huddle banner appears a little more shaded only because they have fixed the width of the page, so you don't see as much of the white portion of their image.

I'm looking at the code for that template you are using. I'll see if I can put together a custom CSS file to override the colors/images used by the template.

The huddle banner appears a little more shaded only because they have fixed the width of the page, so you don't see as much of the white portion of their image.

I'm looking at the code for that template you are using. I'll see if I can put together a custom CSS file to override the colors/images used by the template.

thanks

would it help if we selected "none" for the template and just chose a skin? If i provided you with a css template , could you just insert the huddle colors?

thanks

would it help if we selected "none" for the template and just chose a skin? If i provided you with a css template , could you just insert the huddle colors?

I'm not sure I follow. If you only want to use a skin without the template, you'll just have to wait until the MFL uploads the CSS file I created into their skin selection page. Shouldn't take more than a day or two. If you want to use the template, but you also want the huddle colors, then you have to upload a custom CSS file. This is what I am about to look into. In fact, when I get it to work correctly, I'm going to suggest they add it as a template.

I'm not sure I follow. If you only want to use a skin without the template, you'll just have to wait until the MFL uploads the CSS file I created into their skin selection page. Shouldn't take more than a day or two. If you want to use the template, but you also want the huddle colors, then you have to upload a custom CSS file. This is what I am about to look into. In fact, when I get it to work correctly, I'm going to suggest they add it as a template.

okay i follow. I am going to obtain a customized template, but i want to change the colors. Will it be easy to do so and reload unto the Huddle Ladder site?

okay i follow. I am going to obtain a customized template, but i want to change the colors. Will it be easy to do so and reload unto the Huddle Ladder site?

Sure, but why not just have whoever is putting together your custom template use the colors as part of the design?

• 2 weeks later...