[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Jon Beason Chronichles

PantherDave

http://blogs.gastongazette.com/SteveReed/a...s_practice.aspx

I cringed when I saw this, but it's life at TC, but rest assured the Beason camp now has the edge. I still don't understand why the 25th pick is holding out, especially a projected starter. The Panthers run a zone-gap type of DT scheme and it has some details and schemes he needs to be immersed in to the hilt right now-because when he makes a mistake it will be magnified due to not being in TC.

Now let me get my facts straight....Beason (the 25th pick) is the 3rd LB taken in the draft....Willis at 11(1) and Timmons at 15(2) have signed. Now let's cube it off....the 24th and 26th picks have signed....OK, check mark both of those. Yep, I'm still befuddled on this one.....and I mean seriously befuddled. Will someone please give me an opinion on why this guy is not in TC yet? Please, it's beginning to really pizz me off in a major way.

Edited by PantherDave

PD - do you have any info on what the offer is and what Beason's side is holding out for?

Hard to pick a party to blame here without knowing whether the team's offer fits the bracket established, or whether Beason is trying to hold up CAR for money outside that bracket - or whther the holdup is actually money instead of something like years, options, etc..

PD - do you have any info on what the offer is and what Beason's side is holding out for?

Hard to pick a party to blame here without knowing whether the team's offer fits the bracket established, or whether Beason is trying to hold up CAR for money outside that bracket - or whther the holdup is actually money instead of something like years, options, etc..

That's what is most frustrating.....I can find nothing, and my source at the Charlotte paper was obviously wrong as well. I have gleaned every website I thought would have a crumb....nothing at all. Hurney just claims the two sides are "miles apart" still and tomorrow is the 4th day of TC and will hit the 6th practice. He has missed, going into tonight, 3 study sessions on scheme and gap responsibility for the Cat's DT-this sucks, as I was amped up on this kid.

Maybe it's because 2 picks ahead of him are not signed?

Quinn's holdout apparently spilled over into Bowe's negotiations. Doesn't seem too far fetched the same would happen with Beason.

Sometime's the agents mess things up for these kids... Yes, you should try and get a good deal for your client, but having him miss TC is not smart and puts the player in a disadvantage compared to players that are already in camp fighting for jobs. The way to get paid in this league is to play your butt off and make yourself a name as a player the team will NOT want to lose. Most of those types of players get overtures from the teams well before their deals expire. Beason is hurting himself by not being at camp to start learning the D....

I wish the Panthers would have taken Poz as a PSU alum and a HUGH Panther fan... it would have been great. I was reading Peter King this morning and he had a few nice comments about him already. :D

Oh well, hopefully, Beason and the Panthers work things out and get him into TC soon! :D

Hey, we got Tim Shaw, and I think he makes the rotation in a year or two-solid football player.

No, I am glad we drafted him and he will definitely be a help in ST, but Poz is one of the best that we have had since Lavar.

Revis' holdout with the Jets is over years...the picks before and after got 5 year deals and his camp wants that as well. The Jets want a cap-friendlier 6 years.

Maybe the Panthers are doing the same thing.

The injury to Diggs is an interesting development, in that now James Anderson is getting the reps at WLB, and this kid came on nicely last year and got some PT late in the year. I truly beleive if given the reps with the 1st team on a consistent basis, he will keep both Diggs and Beason(if he ever signs) on the bench. His size, speed and abilities(while still raw) are very much like a young Will Witherspoon.

:D Dan Morgan is now seeing limited contact work at Panthers training camp.

There's a good chance he'll be held back all the way through camp as he recovers from a career-threatening string of concussions. It's uncertain at what point the Panthers plan to allow Morgan to take on a full workload.

Source: Rock Hill Herald

.......somebody sucks balls in all this "contract negotiating" fiasco. I really don't care what the hold-up is at this point, but the season approaches and for a 25th pick to be doing this is :D and if it's a second year "esculator clause" situation-then make him earn the "esculator" in the contract wordings. Bottom line, as someone who has no-say in the matter and opinion does'nt count-this is just unacceptable.