[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rule Interpretation - I am the commish

paulzale

Here is the rule:

•Players are only traded for players, not for money. Multiple player/draft pick trades are allowed. Draft picks may only be traded in the off-season. Trades including draft picks will have to be conducted through the Commissioner.

Proposed Trade is Team A gives up MJD and a 5th round pick for Team B's 4th round pick, draft is 13 rounds.

Keeper Rule:

•Each owner may select one (1) player from any position to keep for the following season’s opening roster. Keepers will be declared to the commissioner no later than 5:00 PM EDT one week prior to the established draft date. All teams and their keepers will be emailed to the owners/posted on the message board.

•Once the draft is complete, the entire roster is managed by the coach, a keeper does not need to stay a keeper from year to year.

•If an owner retires from the league, all players in the retiring owners franchise are returned to the free agent pool at the end of the season. When a new owner enters the league he/she begins with an empty roster.

•The league may allow for additional keepers (2 or more per team) in the future based on a 3/4 majority vote of owners.

•Keepers are allowed in the following fashion, draft round from the previous year minus 2 rounds, you cannot keep a player with 0 or negative value. Free Agents (FA’s) will take on the final draft rounds value, i.e. 15 and can be kept a maximum of 6 more seasons. The keeper has no effect on draft order, so the draft will happen after keeper’s values are assigned, i.e. with the keeper and draft round it may look like a team has 2 players selected in a given round.

Team A is likely keeping Addai drafted in the 5th, Team B would then use MJD as his keeper who was undrafted therefore equals a 14th round pick.

The way I interpret the rule is that only draft picks maybe traded in the off season, they way these two teams interpret it is that draft picks can only be traded in the off season, i.e. can't trade future draft picks in-season.

What does everyone think?

Here is the rule:

•Players are only traded for players, not for money. Multiple player/draft pick trades are allowed. Draft picks may only be traded in the off-season. Trades including draft picks will have to be conducted through the Commissioner.

Team A is likely keeping Addai drafted in the 5th, Team B would then use MJD as his keeper who was undrafted therefore equals a 14th round pick.

The way I interpret the rule is that only draft picks maybe traded in the off season, they way these two teams interpret it is that draft picks can only be traded in the off season, i.e. can't trade future draft picks in-season.

What does everyone think?

That's not what the rule says. The rule states, "Draft picks may only be traded in the off-season." The only way to interpret that rule literally is that the only time draft picks can be traded is during the offseason, and therefore draft picks can not be traded during the season. The rule doesn't say anything about restricting trading on players at any time, and it also doesn't say, "Only draft picks may only be traded in the off-season."

You are misinterpretting, the trade looks okay to me, and I would be very concerned that your league has a rule whcih forces any trades including draft picks to go through the commish.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Sorry, not all sites allow trades that include draft picks, we use a free site. Thanks for your interpretation. I was inclined to let the trade go through, but I think the wording is confusing (to me at least) and will rewrite it.