[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shotguns

muck

After much research, and discussion, inlcuding a thread here: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...&hl=shotgun, I bought the Mossberg 500 for home protection.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.a...ection=products

Very reliable, American made, the only pump-action shotguns ever to pass all stringent U. S. Military Mil-Spec 3443 standards.

the Just In Case series looks interesting.

Cool. Dumb newbie question: he's not pumping that in between shots, right? So is that a semi-automatic shotgun? :D

Ha ha

I've seen a photograph of a Benelli where you see 4 hulls in the air and the 5th one going off before any of them hit the ground.

Edited by SuperBalla

Pardon my ignorance ... but what is the functional difference between a 10 ga. and a 12 ga.? Muzzle length? Shell size? Weight? Why would someone want a 10 ga. when they could have the more common 12 ga?

As best I can remember a 10 gauge is around 85% more powerful.

It takes 12 lead balls the diameter of a 12 gauge to make a pound vs. 10 for the 10 gauge. I HIGHLY recommend you getting a 12 gauge that is compatible with 3.5 inch loads. It gets you somewhat closer to 10 gauge performance.

sbe is better than any 10 gauge.... ive shot trap, grouse, ducks, geese,turkeys, coons, cats, pheasants, dogs, deer, bears, trees, they are the best autos on the market by far.... u ask anyone that really hunts and thats what there shooting . or ask any cop what they would like to have in a sticky situation.

My super black eagle spends from Sept 1 for dove season until the end of goose season in February in the back seat of my pick-up. It gets taken out once or twice for cleaning. I hunt from Sept 1 dove, then later in Sept, grouse then ducks from end of Sept til freeze up, then pheasants the third weekend in Oct until Jan 1 or so, then geese from mid Dec til first week in February. My SBE shoots light shells for doves all the way up to 3 1/2" shells for pass shooting geese on windy days. I hunt in a pit blind for geese out of the field which can be very dirty and have no problems while my hunting buddy has a Remington Semi-Auto and brings along a can of Rem Oil to keep it working. I just dust mine off a little. It has been to the bottom of a slough when I fell walking across it to hunt the other side and still shot a limit of ducks before cleaning it. I have also shot about 4000 rounds of sporting clays with it before I bought an o/u.

As far as home defense, I would buy a youth 870 pump. Short barrel allows the shot to spread out.

A 10 ga is used by pass shooting goose hunters. I have had many say that they use them in pits over decoys, I like to let them get closer and use a smaller shot like BB. Over decoys a 10ga is way too much gun. Pass shooting on a bluff it is the prefect gun.

My :D

Edited by Rebellab