[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who with 6th Pick

redbbe21

In a 12 team Standard Scoring. We can keep 1 player drafted after round 5.

I kept Addai this year. Several of the top tier QB were kept by others. I'm assuming LT, LJ, SA, SJax, and Gore will be gone by when I pick at 6. Do I take Manning to be sure I have a top QB or choose from other RB. I need to have a great pick here.

If I take a RB instead, who is the next pick? Westbrook, Parker, Brown, Bush, Rudi?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming your not in a PPR league I strongly suggest you grab T. Henry he is going to be a beast this yr.!!!

please respond to my post about rec. help thanks

Henry doesnt warrant a sixth pick though, he may be there on the way back....I would personally go with either Rudi or PM. I dont like having a RB and QB on the same team, however Indy shouldnt be a problem with those two....

Yeah... manning sure is the way to go :D

Manning is a late 2nd round pick at the earliest.

Still on the board you are looking at 5 RBs that are mid 1st to early 2nd round potential.

Assuming this is non-PPR, I'm looking at Parker or Westbrook most likely of the RBs you listed, unless of course one of the first 5 you mentioned is there (there are many though that take these two over SA... I'm not one of them though)

Edited by Big Country

Given that Henry is out of the picture now, I personally like the Manning move. I would not be worried about having Manning and Addai on the same team. Combos are usually scary, but not when you are talking about a RB that is going to catch 60-70 passes from his QB and probably 3 of those will be TD's. With the yardage he will rack up on the ground and catching the ball, it won't matter that it is not a PPR league.

If you were to go RB, why not look at Parker to tandem with Addai. Rudi, is well, Rudi. Parker is young, the offense is much better this year and I think he will catch even more passes out of the backfield.

Edited by Matrix

Care to explain this sentiment?

Not really as it is a stupid statement and thanks to you for pointing it out BC.

Where I was trying to go is that the tandem is very valuable together and that there are only a few that it makes sense to have them both i.e. Bulger/SJax, Mcnabb/Westy. Overall meaning that if you are going to have to use a couple of high picks on a QB and RB tandem, there are only a few that it would work with.

Oh screw it...I will just edit it out :D

Not really as it is a stupid statement and thanks to you for pointing it out BC.

Where I was trying to go is that the tandem is very valuable together and that there are only a few that it makes sense to have them both i.e. Bulger/SJax, Mcnabb/Westy. Overall meaning that if you are going to have to use a couple of high picks on a QB and RB tandem, there are only a few that it would work with.

Oh screw it...I will just edit it out :D

I was just making sure you were not operating under the false premise that somehow tandems have more value than QB/RB/WR groupings from all different teams. It is a fallacy that many owners fall into, and, unless you have some strange scoring system that rewards you if your fantasy QB throws to your fantasy WR in the real game, there is no advantage.

Now, tandems are not neccessarily to be avoided, but there is no advantage to targeting them.

And MAtrix, I didn't mean to call you out or put you on the spot, just wanted to make sure that you.. and anyone else reading, was not working under the fallacy of tandems.

And MAtrix, I didn't mean to call you out or put you on the spot, just wanted to make sure that you.. and anyone else reading, was not working under the fallacy of tandems.

It's all good; it was a good catch. There are a lot of new people who use this site to determine their strategy and I don't want to ever lead someone down the wrong path.