[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Practice what you preach

isleseeya

Right now, Bill Richardson is the best they have in the race, and that's a sad state of affairs for the Dems. Enough with the senators guys, legislators cannot win an election anymore.

I agree with you pope

Amazing that with the problems , bad press that republicans have now and have had over past year(s) that dems do not have put themselves in a strong position to win next pres election

I agree with you pope

Amazing that with the problems , bad press that republicans have now and have had over past year(s) that dems do not have put themselves in a strong position to win next pres election

So, you don't put stock in the Hillary/Oprah ticket? :D

What I don;t get is that Edwards has had nothing to do for the past 2+ years but get ready to run for the presidency and yet he continually gets pounded for things he should have seen coming. I suppose the forclosures thing is a little more difficult, but considering the poor is his bread and butter, he could have gotten out a little sooner. And his book deal associated with Rupert Murdoch? After he goes out of his way to badmouth News Corp's buyout of Dow Jones? I love that his response to that book deal hitting the press was "I though the details of that deal were confidential" What a joke. This doesn't even consider his well publicized high dollar haircuts.

Edwards never had a chance.

Edited by billay

What I don;t get is that Edwards has had nothing to do for the past 2+ years but get ready to run for the presidency and yet he continually gets pounded for things he should have seen coming. I suppose the forclosures thing is a little more difficult, but considering the poor is his bread and butter, he could have gotten out a little sooner. And his book deal associated with Rupert Murdoch? After he goes out of his way to badmouth News Corp's buyout of Dow Jones? I love that his response to that book deal hitting the press was "I though the details of that deal were confidential" What a joke. This doesn't even consider his well publicized high dollar haircuts.

Edwards never had a chance.

Edwards's class warfare schtick is just that - schtick. Even if he does believe in some small portion of it, it's so far as it doesn't really affect him. He is a millionaire who made his fortune in one of the slimiest ways possible who is putting on the act of "advocate for the poor". The hypocrisy is blinding, and I can't believe he's been considered a serious contender for as long as he has.

Right now, Bill Richardson is the best they have in the race, and that's a sad state of affairs for the Dems. Enough with the senators guys, legislators cannot win an election anymore.

I dont know why Joe Biden is getting so little press. His meassage and record are far and away the best on the Democratic ticket.

Democrats don't have much of a chance regardless who they throw out there imho ...and I just find it strange with the momentum they had last year by taking over the house , with the terrible approval rating of dubya , with all the scandals , the dems should have been able to win election on roller skates :D

Let me first say, I can't stand the guy. But this is really a non issue. So the guy invested $ in a company and "was employed" by a company that invested in companies that have foreclosed on 34 homes. When a hedge fund or investment bank "employs" big name politicos do you really think they get these guys in the trading rooms and ask them their thoughts on a treasury spread trade? Come'on, they just want their rolodex. Edwards had no clue about this nor should he. This is just stupid political banter and he unfortunately was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Fortress is an extremely adept group and they probably have 500 different investments at any one time. They are bound to always have a few that are doing stupid stuff. Is the practice of foreclosing on Katrina hit properties despicable? Sure it is. Should Edwards be blamed for it? Not a chance.

Let me first say, I can't stand the guy. But this is really a non issue. So the guy invested $ in a company and "was employed" by a company that invested in companies that have foreclosed on 34 homes. When a hedge fund or investment bank "employs" big name politicos do you really think they get these guys in the trading rooms and ask them their thoughts on a treasury spread trade? Come'on, they just want their rolodex. Edwards had no clue about this nor should he. This is just stupid political banter and he unfortunately was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Fortress is an extremely adept group and they probably have 500 different investments at any one time. They are bound to always have a few that are doing stupid stuff. Is the practice of foreclosing on Katrina hit properties despicable? Sure it is. Should Edwards be blamed for it? Not a chance.

I agree completely. It's sad and frustrating that politics in the US has devolved into one big game of "gotcha". This "issue" is almost completely irrelevant to his candidacy for the Presidency.

That being said, Edwards has made his career - both in and out of politics - out of getting people with that same kind of "gotcha" crap. I'm not going to feel sorry for him now that he's on the receiving end.

Valid pts geeteebee but in the end it looks bad in the public eye and to be honest whether or not it should makes him look slimy and a bit sneaky ..fact he tried to do damage control and back track , while perhaps noble , justifies to a certain extent ( again maybe not fairly ) his guilt and knowledge in the matter

Eitheway I think he is done