[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League GM question

muck

Not a true dynasty league ... but close.

Here's the deal.

Players are auctioned and given contracts of up to 5yrs with signing bonuses and the whole shebang. So, once you have a good team, you can be good for a while. The trick is to stay good while transitioning from your core group of studs to a new crop of studs in future years.

My predicament is that I came in second last year and (imo) have a great core to head into the season. IMO, I have one of the two or three best teams before the upcoming rookie / free-agent auction that's to occur next week.

The scoring is performance oriented with a modified PPR set up (all rushing attempts are 0.2pts, RB receptions are 0.2pts, WR receptions are 1.5pts and TE receptions are 2.0pts). We have deep starting lineups -- QB / RB / WR / WR / WR / TE / PK, plus either RB / WR ... RB / TE ... or WR / WR ...

Ten teams. $100 / team money league.

Here's my roster heading into the upcoming auction ($500 salary cap; $443 is used with these players ... I have eight roster spots to fill):

QB: EManning ($30), JGarcia ($7), JCampbell ($6), TJackson ($1)

RB: SJackson ($86), SAlexander ($30), MBarber ($9)

WR: THolt ($90), Chad Johnson ($81), RMoss ($17), MColston ($22), RBrown ($12), MJones ($8), RWilliams ($6), VJackson ($3)

TE: KWinslow ($34)

The tricky part is, do I cut all of my QBs (except TJ who is really cheap), SAlexander, the two JAX WRs and KWinslow to create enough cap space so that I can make a run at at least one of the bigger name rookies ... or ... do I stand pat with this core group of players and try to pick up some of the cheaper rookies and retreat FAs (the biggest names available right now are Kitna, Favre, Furrey, DJackson and Ike Bruce)?

Edited by muck

I would keep Alexander and Garcia. Everyone is writing SA off, but I think that he is still going to be a Stud and you have great value in him. I think Garcia will be servicable this year as well. I'd probably cut all of the others you mentioned.

good luck

I would keep Alexander and Garcia. Everyone is writing SA off, but I think that he is still going to be a Stud and you have great value in him. I think Garcia will be servicable this year as well. I'd probably cut all of the others you mentioned.

good luck

Not much in the way of other TEs to go after ...

Still really conflicted about what to do ... need to pull the trigger on whatever I'm going to do by tomorrow evening ...

You've got an exceptionally solid roster with the exception of QB, so I'm not sure why you want to tinker too much with it.

If you're dead set on getting a young RB on board, wait until next year when the RB class will be loaded.

You can save some immediate cap space by thinning your QB & WR dead weight. I don't see how Campbell, Brown, or the JAX WRs ever crack your starting lineup barring some completely catastrophic collapse. That frees up $32 right there. Add that to your $33 reamining, and I'd use the bulk of that to make a run at Kitna, and then try to back him up dirt cheap with Stanton (who ought to draw a $1 bid since he's IRed for the season).

Kitna & Manning, with Garcia as a 3rd QB gives you a good enough QB with a QBBC to make the position effective for you - Kitna should be starting most of the time. Jackson is worth keeping for $1 there also. Look for some cheap RB depth (check out guys like Snelling, Morency, Rhodes {I know he's sitting for 4 weeks, but word is that Bush will be IRed for the season, and Jordan ain't getting the job done}) who can be had probably very cheaply and could give you a few FF pts in their rare starts for you.

You're set at WR & TE. You ought to be able to make a good run at another league title, IMO.

I like the trade, but I'm confused as to how that saves you $24, if Moss only was costing you $17 to start with?

I traded Javon Walker and his $41 salary for Randy Moss and his $17 salary.

I decided to cut Eli Manning, Jeff Garcia, Reggie Williams and Matt Jones ... giving me $108 in cap space to pursue 12 new players ... while leaving me with a starting lineup of:

QB: TBD (curently Jason Campbell)

RB: SJax and SA

WR: CJohnson, THolt, RMoss and MColston (with Reggie Brown on the bench)

TE: Winslow

...thanks for the help and willingness to be a sounding board...

Edited by muck