[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10th/15th Pick in 12 Man PPR League

MistaWrite

My draft in a big money ($500 entry) is coming up next week, and I've really been considering going with Reggie Bush (10th), then coming back to get Duece McCallister (15th) and starting them BOTH. I haven't heard anyone else talk about using the platoon system w/2 backs on the same team, though I think the merits are many. They include:

1) Not having to worry about a team's "touchdown vulture," because you'll own and play them;

2) In a situation like this one, where both backs have high value and are in a prolific offense, you're guaranteed at least decent points each week from your backfield - maybe great points (depending on how they use Bush);

3) They are each other's handcuff; so if one or the other gets hurt, the remaining back's value skyrockets (and you can plug and play anyone at the RB 2 position then)

I'd definately catch the rest of the league off guard (as could you, if you gave it a try), and I haven't come up with any drawbacks to it yet (other than the bye-week thing - but that's only a one-week worry). Other good backs to run together include MJD and Fred Taylor; Adrian Petersen and Chester Taylor; Marion Barber and Julius Jones; or even DeAngelo Williams and DeShaun Foster. Anyone out there have any thoughts on why they think this would or wouldn't work? :D

In a non-PPR league, I think that Bush and McCallister are both #2 fantasy RBs at best, because along with competing with one another for carries, they play on a team with a very good QB who has multiple receiving options. Hence, there are alot of different ways for the Saints to score near the goal-line. So, if you want to use your 10/15 picks on two #2 fantasy RBs, I'm sure no one in your league would mind. In reality, I think you can potentially get both of those guys by taking Bush at #15 in a non-PPR, and then grabbing McCallister with your next pick, and getting a stud WR at #10.

Of course, if it is a PPR league, then Bush IS worth the #10 pick, and will likely go before that.

This is definitely a very bad idea. #1 taking Deuce at #15 is WAY too early. There are definitely better value/players available at that spot. Being that's it's PPR taking Bush at #10 is great value. But in general starting 2 RBs from the same team that are sharing time is a desperate move and at this point in the draft, you're not desperate.

You'd definately catch the rest of the league off guard but they'd be laughing at your picks not thinking WOW!! what a move.

Edited by irish

This is definitely a very bad idea. #1 taking Deuce at #15 is WAY too early. There are definitely better value/players available at that spot. Being that's it's PPR taking Bush at #10 is great value. But in general starting 2 RBs from the same team that are sharing time is a desperate move and at this point in the draft, you're not desperate.

You'd definately catch the rest of the league off guard but they'd be laughing at your picks not thinking WOW!! what a move.

I definately agree that I'd be taking Duece higher than his potential warrants, but it was just a thought (considering that all of the feature RBs I really want will probably be off the board by my pick). I appreciate the input.