[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Laptop!

darin3

So I got a brand spankin' new Dell laptop from one of The Huddle's finest. :D

Question for the network experts out there.... I can't seem to get a good wireless connection. I'm on my old laptop now, and the connection is "excellent". Best I can get on the new laptop is "low". Speeds are way slower with an iffy connection like that. A buddy of mine who was staying with us last weekend had the same issue.

Is it time for a better router? What's up? :D

I have similar problem darin with a new dell I got 3 months ago ..my crappy refurbished desktop has much better connection and signal then my new lap top

I was thinking of getting new router but now I will listen to what some of the huddle experts hopefully post in this thread

Since your buddy had the same problem, it's probably the router or the router location.

Some wireless cards have better range (distance) and type (A, B, G, G+ ).

Slight probability of the problem can be:

* Antivirus slowing down the data.

* Firewall (windows, router, or third party) slowing it as well.

Some systems react differently.

Buy a mac.

Since you have seen the issue with another PC, my bets are the router, especially if it is older, and or belkin, netgear, dlink or linksys

However, if you decide on a new router, get a Buffalo from newegg, about $50, highspeed, high range bullet proof unit with 2 yr warranty, best in the business. Test your new unit with wireless from a friends, or a hotel/simlar and see how it performs.