[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Year Commish Here Looking For Advice

davepro2

It is but why provide that for evryone? I keep my own draft board in front of me on paper. Teams listed in order of drafting with each pick they have made, bye weeks all that jazz. Why do the work of an unprepared owner and make his life easier.

You make a good point. Especially for me, because I'm very strict in my drafts about teams not discussing players who haven't been drafted yet, and not giving cheat sheets to owners who show up unprepaired. It took 2 years for a guy I do leagues with to speak to me. Our first encounter went like this:

Some crackhead owner: Has so-and-so been drafted yet?

My friend: No, and you don't want him. . .he's injured.

Me: SHUT THE F**K UP DUDE! WHY ARE YOU HELPING A GUY YOU'LL PLAY AGAINST TWICE THIS YEAR?? ARE YOU A MORON??

We're now good friends, but like I said it took a long time.

Now that you mention it, why do they have a draft board at the actual NFL draft? Or the NBA draft? Shouldn't the teams keep track for themselves?

You make a good point. Especially for me, because I'm very strict in my drafts about teams not discussing players who haven't been drafted yet, and not giving cheat sheets to owners who show up unprepaired. It took 2 years for a guy I do leagues with to speak to me. Our first encounter went like this:

Some crackhead owner: Has so-and-so been drafted yet?

My friend: No, and you don't want him. . .he's injured.

Me: SHUT THE F**K UP DUDE! WHY ARE YOU HELPING A GUY YOU'LL PLAY AGAINST TWICE THIS YEAR?? ARE YOU A MORON??

We're now good friends, but like I said it took a long time.

Now that you mention it, why do they have a draft board at the actual NFL draft? Or the NBA draft? Shouldn't the teams keep track for themselves?

I am in a league as an owner only for the first time since 1994 and the commsih made a comment as I was the only person sitting alone off to the side. Strictly because I don't want people seeing my Huddle cheat sheets and asking my advice on players. "I don't know" is my standard response.

He thought I was being un-friendly, I wasn't, I'm just more prepared and not about to share with anyone.

Unless you have a person not in the league marking the board I think it just slows the process down. Maybe it is cool looking but it just isn't practicle.

They can just cross of the players on their cheat sheet.

As commish / board maven, I find that it very rarely is anything but positive.

Then again, my friends and I play for "fun".