[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago homers.....What's up with Benson?

MWO

I can keep him, Jones-Drew, Marion Barber, or Marques Colston. A couple of weeks ago I was 100% sure it would be

Benson, mainly because he won't be sharing the load, but he hasn't done a thing all pre-season. I'm worried he will be a bust.

I haven't seen any of the games. Is he just horrible?? What's the deal and what are they saying? Thanks.

I plan on keeping Benson over Barber. Can't say that I would keep him over Jones Drew though.

I guess I just don't get the Jones Drew scenario and why he is being projected so high. Fred Taylor will play, and I assume he will get injured at some point, but I can't wait for that to happen. Until then Jones Drew is getting only 40% of the plays (a guess on my part). Also, this is not a PPR league, which is why I thought I'd go with Benson.

I can keep him, Jones-Drew, Marion Barber, or Marques Colston. A couple of weeks ago I was 100% sure it would be

Benson, mainly because he won't be sharing the load, but he hasn't done a thing all pre-season. I'm worried he will be a bust.

I haven't seen any of the games. Is he just horrible?? What's the deal and what are they saying? Thanks.

Do you have to keep any? What are the rules about keeping players? Unless there's some rule about having been drafted after a certain round, I would think you're better off just getting an extra pick at the beginning. That said, i am not fired up about Benson but I would take him over MJD... barely.

I just think there are too many unanswered questions about Benson for someone who could keep Drew. I think Benson will be good....but in my case keeping him isn't that tough of a decision because he is easily the best option i have

good luck

Do you have to keep any? What are the rules about keeping players? Unless there's some rule about having been drafted after a certain round, I would think you're better off just getting an extra pick at the beginning. That said, i am not fired up about Benson but I would take him over MJD... barely.

I don't HAVE to keep any, but in our leauge we have a 12 round main draft where we have to fill certain positional requirements and then a 10 round "taxi" draft where we can pick whomever we want. Our keeper rules are that we get to keep one player that was chosen the previous year in the taxi draft and they fill our last slot in our regular round, in effect meaning all of the players I referred to can be kept at the cost of a 12th round pick. I was hoping going into the draft that Benson would be my RB2 and use my other picks for other needs.

I don't HAVE to keep any, but in our leauge we have a 12 round main draft where we have to fill certain positional requirements and then a 10 round "taxi" draft where we can pick whomever we want. Our keeper rules are that we get to keep one player that was chosen the previous year in the taxi draft and they fill our last slot in our regular round, in effect meaning all of the players I referred to can be kept at the cost of a 12th round pick. I was hoping going into the draft that Benson would be my RB2 and use my other picks for other needs.

Well then that makes sense. The keeper leagues I've been in, kept players cost you picks off the front end of the draft, so none of those guys would have made sense. Again, I go with Benson but just barely.

Keeping Benson instead of Jones-Drew?

That's crazy talk.

Based on how high I see Jones-Drew going in the mocks I'm starting to think you might be right. Again though, why is Jones Drew going so high in non PPR leagues when almost everyone agrees he's basically going to be a third down back? I'd loved to be convinced otherwise.

Based on how high I see Jones-Drew going in the mocks I'm starting to think you might be right. Again though, why is Jones Drew going so high in non PPR leagues when almost everyone agrees he's basically going to be a third down back? I'd loved to be convinced otherwise.

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, but he's going to be much more that a third-down back when Taylor is playing, and he will be the feature back when Taylor gets injured.

I don't think that I have seen a player with the season that he had last year (particulalrly the second half) be discounted the following year as much as Jones-Drew has this year.

Edited by Furd

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, but he's going to be much more that a third-down back when Taylor is playing, and he will be the feature back when Taylor gets injured.

I don't think that I have seen a player with the season that he had last year (particulalrly the second half) be discounted the following year as much as Jones-Drew has this year.

I read on CBS Sporsline that Jones could take over some of the goal line duty as well. Like I said, by the end of the year when Taylor is hurt and he's getting the work i'm sure I'll be sorry, but I can't wait for that to happen. Most of the stuff i've read is all pretty much in the same camp that Jones Drew will not come close to the production he had in the second part of the year.

I guess I just don't get the Jones Drew scenario and why he is being projected so high. Fred Taylor will play, and I assume he will get injured at some point, but I can't wait for that to happen. Until then Jones Drew is getting only 40% of the plays (a guess on my part). Also, this is not a PPR league, which is why I thought I'd go with Benson.

I agree with this. Taylor is gonna play. he has had 4 1000 yard seasons in his last 5 years. IMO Jones is going way to high.

MJD scored alot of goalline TDs last year. He is very good, but they extended Taylor for a reason. Also, Greg Jones is back to vulture goalline TDs from both of them. I'm keeping MJD myself, but unless Taylor goes down, I may regret it some. I at least realize he won't be my top back or even backup.