[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Check your soffitt vents

Footballjoe

I just refinaced my mortgage and decided to take out a little extra to get a new roof, windows and wrap the house. I contracted with a friend as well as the person my 17 year old works with. He started this morning removing the shingles. About noon time I got a call from him and he asked me to come home to inspect the roof sheathing. Upon inspection I found it just as he told me, it was rotting/coming apart. There were sections of the roof that I was afraid to walk on. I needed to replace just about every piece of sheathing. :D What ws one of the main causes? Poor ventilation to the attic. Some idiots had installed vent covers under the soffit as should be, however, the fools do not cut vent holes. These idiots just put up cover to give the appearance that it was vented. :D This was outright fruad if you ask me. I am not a happy person right now. I would like to suggest to everyone to remove a few of your soffit vents to ensure you did not get screwed over like I did. There goes $2100 and the deck I was planning on building.

I just refinaced my mortgage and decided to take out a little extra to get a new roof, windows and wrap the house. I contracted with a friend as well as the person my 17 year old works with. He started this morning removing the shingles. About noon time I got a call from him and he asked me to come home to inspect the roof sheathing. Upon inspection I found it just as he told me, it was rotting/coming apart. There were sections of the roof that I was afraid to walk on. I needed to replace just about every piece of sheathing. :D What ws one of the main causes? Poor ventilation to the attic. Some idiots had installed vent covers under the soffit as should be, however, the fools do not cut vent holes. These idiots just put up cover to give the appearance that it was vented. :D This was outright fruad if you ask me. I am not a happy person right now. I would like to suggest to everyone to remove a few of your soffit vents to ensure you did not get screwed over like I did. There goes $2100 and the deck I was planning on building.

Sorry to hear that :wacko:

I hate when people take the short way out to make a buck.

Make sure he vents the ridge, and gable vents are a good to add too if you dont already have them. The roofing contracter should help you re-align the dish imo, only takes a few minutes, not that big of a deal and he is already up there. Perhaps you could offer him a sammich for his expertise. :D

Make sure he vents the ridge, and gable vents are a good to add too if you dont already have them. The roofing contracter should help you re-align the dish imo, only takes a few minutes, not that big of a deal and he is already up there. Perhaps you could offer him a sammich for his expertise. :D

The dish will not be attached to the roof. I told the satalitte people that I wanted it strapped to the chimney so as not to put any holes in my new million dollar roof. Thats the way it was suppose to be done the first time but I was not home when they got started. I WILL BE THIS TIME.