[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My WRs SUCK - Now What?

mdalby

Well, I feel good about my team in every position except for WR. We can start 3 RBs and I am in good position there.

QB: Jon Kitna, Jason Campbell

RB: Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Kevin Jones

WR: Devery Henderson, Joshua Cribbs, James Jones, Jacoby Jones

TE: Vernon Davis

Def: Chicago, Carolina

K: Matt Stover

The keys to my league is that return yards count as receiving/rushing yards. So, I think I can get good WR type performance from return men. Josh Cribbs had 1,600 yards last season and Jacoby Jones could be a stud this year with combined return and receiving yards.

QUESTION

Should I pick up Chris Henry or Eric Parker type WRs that could pay off the later part of the season or go with WRs like Mike Furrey and hope for an injury?

------

Scoring: No PPR, Return Yards are included in receiving/rushing

Starting Roster: QB, RB, RB, FLEX, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF

who in the hell did you get both of those running backs

I traded for Frank Gore. I gave too much but I wanted two stud RBs. That is why my WRs are depleted. I am also hoping tthat Clinton Portis tendinitis is nothing serious. If those three RBs can have their average career years than I will be pretty solid.

You get the same amount for return yards that you do for rushing & receiving yards?

That's just stupid - there's no tactful way to put that.

Bronco Billy, I agree 100%. I couldn't believe they gave the same points for return yards that you get for receiving and rushing. That takes away a lot of the strategy. But, I agree with what others have said, with the return yards in the scoring and more surprises on WRs through the season than other positions, I think I will be OK.

Bronco Billy, I agree 100%. I couldn't believe they gave the same points for return yards that you get for receiving and rushing. That takes away a lot of the strategy. But, I agree with what others have said, with the return yards in the scoring and more surprises on WRs through the season than other positions, I think I will be OK.

Given your scoring, you're probably right.

I think Jacoby Jones will surprise and be a top 25 WR this year. He is a gem. The HOU offense is going to be solid this year with the additions they had and with JJ playing second fiddle to A Johnson, he can score HUGE. He is also this years D Hester for returns and he should get at least 4-6 of them this year.