[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate my rub

Chief Dick

Here is one I use quite a bit from one of Raichlen's books. I tend to add and subtract stuff to this and don't always use the same quantities, but this will give you a good base:

2/3 cup brown sugar

2/3 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup paprika (A MUST for any rub IMO)

1/4 cup seasoned salt

1/4 cup smoked salt (I will use a sea salt or kosher salt here)

1/4 cup celery salt

1/4 cup onion salt

2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper

2 tablespoons pure chili powder

2 teaspoons mustard powder

1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I rarely use this)

1/2 teaspoon allspice

1/2 teaspoon cayennne pepper ( I would not recommend using any more of this. You will literally fry peoples eyes out with too much cayenne, and it will make things pretty uncomfortable for your guests)

Mix and rub. Pretty easy. This is a good mulitpurpose rub for everything. You could also add some cumin as well. Have fun.

What's everybody think? Is there something I need to add? What spice would you drop? Thanks in advance.

If you rarely use the poultry seasoning, why did you waste a draft pick on it?

This is a very good point. I guess I was hoping to get some redeeming value there, but it just has never really performed to expectations. Should I pick up dill Josh Gordon and drop the poultry seasoning?

This is a very good point. I guess I was hoping to get some redeeming value there, but it just has never really performed to expectations. Should I pick up dill Josh Gordon and drop the poultry seasoning?

To me, poultry seasoning is the Travis Taylor of spices - lots of unrealized potential taking up a valuable roster spot on the spice rack - if dill Josh Gordon is available on the wire, it may definitely be worth a look.

To me, poultry seasoning is the Travis Taylor of spices - lots of unrealized potential taking up a valuable roster spot on the spice rack - if dill Josh Gordon is available on the wire, it may definitely be worth a look.

Thanks. It's this kind of insight that gives you my vote for best fantasy advice every year. :D