[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

which 2 RB to start

chanCHITO

Ok, I need some more insight. Drew Brees did horrible so I REALLY need to pick two backs that will acquire the most points. Here are my RBs and their matchups:

Willis McGahee @ CIN

Marshawn Lynch VS DEN

Brandon Jacobs @ DAL

LaMont Jordan VS DET

I know... not the best choices. Heres my dilemmas. McGahee is probably the most proven of the group (2006 stats: 990 yrds and 6 TDs being out for some games from injury, plus that productivity for Buffalo last year is pretty good). Next up, Marshawn Lynch who now starts for Buffalo. I'm not sure how or if Buffalo's running game improved at all. Preseason looked pretty bad but that doesn't mean much most of the time. Denver is up and down with how I feel about their defense but they were 12th against the rush last year. Plus he's a rookie so..... ?

Brandon Jacobs, I don't like too much. I mean, the Giants have a quality backup in Rueben Droughns which means they will probably split time. Additionally, they play Dallas who was 10th in rushing defense last year (avg 103.7/gm). But he's a big guy and runs well. What do you think?

LaMont Jordan is someone alot of people will probably disregard in this, but I've been considering a few things. First of all, new coach and system in Oakland which could mean improvement from last year. Jordan ran pretty good in preseason, but again, its preseason. Dominic Rhodes is the backup but is serving suspension so Jordan is going to carry the load for the first 4 or 5 weeks. Plus they face Detroit who has shown they're pretty bad year after year. Detroit was 21st in rushing defense last year by the way. Some other thoughts, Raiders have QB issues so its possible that they may rush alot.

As of now, I'm thinking McGahee and Lynch. But, Jordan is making me think a lot and Jacobs, I don't know but you never know. Please help me with any other insight many of you might have that maybe I haven't thought of. Thanks.

If it were me I would go

McGahee - The most proven back you have

Jordan - This may not be the pick alot would make but he is running behind an improved line and could suprise alot of people these first four games with no competition in the backfield. He is also a very good reciever out of the backfield. And with the limited recievers they have there he will be checked down to alot.

As far as Lynch I would not start him until he can prove that he can run better than he has in preseason at just over 1 yard per carry.

And Jacobs will not see much running time as the Giants should be down early in that game and be forced to pass alot which will just turn in to more turn overs for Eli.

Willis McGahee - proven runner will get the carries

LaMont Jordan - will get the carries also because Detroit should struggle against Oaklands D so they won't be behind and they need to control the clock. Raiders QB situation is a ? and needs a running game established NOW. Look for Jordan to get a lot of touches.

Jacobs will be stopped and stopped hard for running his rookie mouth off. He is big and fast and stong but this is the NFL and you better watch what you say because everyone is big and fast and strong................Dallas run D is going to be stout.......