[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good enough trade offer?

dannahann

I'm offering up Warrick Dunn, Braylan Edwards, and Jerry Porter for Adrian Peterson (min), Donte Stallworth, and Isaac Bruce.

We start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 R/WR, (not PPR) Here are our backs & receivers (mine on the left):

Tomlinson Edge

Portis Peterson

Dunn Jamal Lewis

Brndn Jax Tatum Bell

Mike Bell Chris Brown

Chad Jnsn Wayne

Roy Willms Lav Coles

Br Edwards Stallworth

Reg Brown Welker

Hackett Bruce

Porter McCareins

I'm trying to sell it from three angles

First the 'eveness' as no one has yet played and AFAIK none has any new injury concerns. The guys I'm sending went pick 61, 101, & 121 - I'd be getting picks 77, 84, &117. Per Yahoo (whis is our host) My 3 are ranked 58, 91, & 122 - his 3 are ranked 50, 107, and 111.

Angle 2 is bye week coverage. In week 10 he has Coles, Stallworth, Welker & McCareins on bye. along with his only K and #3 QB - (we start 2QB). The wideouts I'm sending have byes in weeks which none of his others do.

Angle 3 (not as strong). Per our inflated scoring system (60 pt TD, 2pt for yard from scrimmage, MINUS 1pt for a touch, Dunn is projected (by Yahoo) to outscore AP by > 500 pts. Indeed they project him to significantly outscore any of his backs not named Edge. I'm not buying that and by the same token they project Stallworth to outscore Braylan by > 400, which I'm also not buying.

Bottomline. I'm not stoked with my backs after LT. I see AP as a significant bump to Dunn and think I can do safely Edwards given my WR depth. Are my sell angles strong enough to get him to bite? THANKS.

Were I the other guy, I'd not take that deal - looking at his roster, seems that the only chance he has at being competitive this year is if AP turns into a true FF stud by week #3 ... plugging a mediocre Dunn into an otherwise weak lineup offers no advantage. The Wrs involved are a bit of a wash IMO, although one could make the case that Porter=Bruce & Edwards > Stallworth.

I'd rather roll the dice on AP having a big year were I the owner of the team you are trying to trade with.

Edited by ts

The talent is pretty even, but the guys you want to get from him have a much bigger upside (Peterson

does, anyway) -- with his team he's better off keeping what he's got. I agree Edwards is the best

WR in the group, realistically you probably have waiver wire guys close to Bruce and Porter, so I

wouldn't worry about them.

It sounds like you picked Dunn 61, then Peterson went 77? If you want AP, try and make the offer

straight up and see if he'll go for it.

The talent is pretty even, but the guys you want to get from him have a much bigger upside (Peterson

does, anyway) -- with his team he's better off keeping what he's got. I agree Edwards is the best

WR in the group, realistically you probably have waiver wire guys close to Bruce and Porter, so I

wouldn't worry about them.

It sounds like you picked Dunn 61, then Peterson went 77? If you want AP, try and make the offer

straight up and see if he'll go for it.

Unfortunately I lost my internet connection just 40I minutes before the draft and wasn't able to get back in until round 12. Edwards went 61, Dunn 101, Porter 121 per my preranks. He took AP at 77, Stallworth at 84, and Bruce at 117. I actually had AP ranked ahead of Bratlan but I guess Yahoo defaulted to select my 3rd WR as I already had 2 RB?

IMO the reason his roster is so weak is our requirement to start 2 QB. He took Manning then Brees with his 1st 2 picks. Not all that dumn considering our scoring awards 60Pt for passing TD and 1 pt per pass yard (-1 per incompletion). He also was first to a D (BMore) D score huge in our wacky system, and 2nd to pick a TE (Heap) so overall he's not that weak.

Edited by dannahann