[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire Decision

Silver Snakes

I'm in a pretty deep league, 14 people total, so the WW list is pretty thin. I'm trying to decide between Shaun McDonald or Jacoby Jones as a fill-in receiver during bye weeks. The league is Yahoo scoring, with return touchdowns going for six.

I'm thinking the fact Jones returns punts would give him the edge, but McDonald did have a great game in a pass heavy offense. So was McDonald just a one week wonder? Should I go with Jones? Is this a no-brainer? Am I asking too many questions?

MacDonald was on the field for 3 and 4 WR sets. He's playing in front of Calvin Johnson...at the moment because Johnson is still learning the offense and MacDonald is familiar. I don't see defenses taking him away as they are busy with the other guys. For a bye week filler, I'd go MacDonald.

Jones may be good down the road but I think Detroit, offensively, will be more more productive and defenses will not be guarding MacDonald.

It's funny, I came here to check the same thing because I have Jones but Demetrius Williams is also available so I might take him.

MacDonald was on the field for 3 and 4 WR sets. He's playing in front of Calvin Johnson...at the moment because Johnson is still learning the offense and MacDonald is familiar. I don't see defenses taking him away as they are busy with the other guys. For a bye week filler, I'd go MacDonald.

Jones may be good down the road but I think Detroit, offensively, will be more more productive and defenses will not be guarding MacDonald.

It's funny, I came here to check the same thing because I have Jones but Demetrius Williams is also available so I might take him.

I would take J. Jones, I think he is going to be really good.